We love these breakfast corn dogs. They are so much better than the ones you buy in the frozen section of the grocery store. They were so easy to make and tasted amazing! They had a nice crispy edge, with fluffy blueberry pancake surrounding the sausage. They were even better when we dipped them in maple syrup!
Breakfast Corn Dogs Recipe
- 16 sausage links
- 16 skewers
- 3 cups blueberry pancake mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- dash cinnamon
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup maple syrup for dipping
- Cook sausage in a frying pan over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Pat cooked sausage with paper towels to absorb excess grease and insert a bamboo skewer into each sausage; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, cornmeal, and cinnamon.
- Add egg, vanilla and water, adding more water as needed for the batter to become slightly thick. Start out by adding 1 cup, then work your way up to 3 cups.
- Heat some canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat to about 350 degrees F.
- Dip each sausage into batter and allow excess to drip off for a few seconds.
- Carefully drop each battered sausage into oil and use tongs to turn each corndog to ensure even browning.
- Remove corndogs from oil when the outside is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with warm maple syrup for dipping.
- Frying pan
- Mixing Bowl