Our Grandma always made the best Thanksgiving stuffing! This recipe is the closest I’ve ever been to making her tasty stuffing on my own. The apples, celery and onion in this stuffing make it absolutely delicious!
Related recipe: Looking to free up your oven? Try our Slow Cooker Stuffing!
Apple, Onion & Celery Stuffing Recipe
- 1 stick butter divided
- 6 ribs of celery diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 large apples (I used Honeycrisp), unpeeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 6 Tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery, onion, apples, bay leaves and salt and pepper and cook until softened (about 10 minutes). Remove bay leaves.
- Add dry stuffing, poultry seasoning and chicken stock. Stir until stuffing absorbs the liquid.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and fill with stuffing.
- Use the rest of the butter to dot the top of the stuffing.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy at the edges.
- Large Saucepan
- casserole dish
- Non-stick Cooking Spray