Instant Pot Dressing is one of my favorite side dishes of any holiday meal!
This recipe is the best dressing for the beautiful Thanksgiving turkey that you work so hard on.
Making pressure cooker stuffing can help simplify your extravagant dinner ever so slightly. Since you won’t have to watch it in a pan over the oven, you can focus on other details of the meal.
When you make stuffing in an Instant Pot you can also cut down on the cooking time, which is always helpful when you are trying to make a lot of dishes at the same time.
Check out all of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes:
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- How To Make Turkey Gravy From Scratch
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Easy Sweet Cornbread
- Simple Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Fluffy Cranberry Salad
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- The BEST Candied Yams without Corn Syrup
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Apple, Onion and Celery Stuffing
- Homemade Cornbread Dressing
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Dressing:
- Fresh sliced mushrooms
- Ground sage
- Dried thyme
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Cubed seasoned stuffing
Related recipe: Try the Slow Cooker version of this recipe, too.
How To Make Instant Pot Dressing:
Begin by plugging in your Instant Pot and pressing the SAUTE button and allow the inner pot to heat up.
Once the pot is warm, add the butter and let it melt.
Then, stir in the celery onion, apples, mushrooms, sage, thyme, and pepper into the Instant Pot.
Saute everything together for about 2 minutes and then pour in the chicken broth.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, add the stuffing cubes and then pour the hot chicken broth mixture from the Instant Pot on top of the stuffing.
Mix everything together until it is well combined and ready to go.
Now, get your oven safe pan out (it must be able to fit inside the inner pot of the Instant Pot, I used a 7 inch cake pan) and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Once that is prepared, carefully pour the stuffing mixture into the pan, but don’t pack it down or it will not cook properly.
Grab a wet cloth, or take the inner pot out of the Instant Pot and clean it.
After it’s been cleaned, return it to the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom of the inner pot and pour one cup of water in the bottom.
Next, place the pan on top of the trivet and place the lid on top making sure that it is sealed and the valve is turned to the SEALING position.
Now, press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 10 minutes.
When the 10 minutes is up, let the pot naturally release all the way, which will take about 15-20 minutes. You’ll know it is done when the pin drops down.
Once you take it out you can serve it as is, or place it in the oven for a few minutes and let the stuffing brown on top a bit.
Be sure to have these for this Thanksgiving Instant Pot recipe:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Oven safe pan (that will fit in your Instant Pot like THIS one)
Premade stuffing cubes or make from scratch?
This recipe it calls for a box of stuffing cubes, but if you’d rather make your own from scratch you can always do that too!
If you don’t have a recipe that you already use to make stuffing cubes, take a look at A Bountiful Kitchen’s bread cubes for stuffing recipe and use 10 ounces of that instead (it will be delicious!).
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots
- How to Make Instant Pot Green Beans
- Easy Instant Pot Peach Cobbler
- Instant Pot Honey Glazed Ham
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Instant Pot Dressing Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup apples diced
- ¾ cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 ounces cubed seasoned stuffing store bought or homemade
- 1 cup water
- Push the SAUTE button and wait for the pot to heat up. Add butter to the bottom of the insert and let it melt.
- Stir in celery, onion, apples, mushrooms, sage, thyme, and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth.
- Add stuffing to a large bowl. Pour the chicken broth mixture on top of the stuffing and mix until completely combined.
- Spray an oven safe pan that fits in your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray (I used a deep 7 inch cake pan that fits perfectly in my 6 quart Instant Pot). Carefully spoon in stuffing mixture, being sure to not pack it in tightly.
- Clean out the insert of the Instant Pot, then place it back inside the Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup of water in the bottom and add the trivet inside of the insert. Place the pan on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on top, turn the valve to SEALING and press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
- When it is finished cooking, let it do a complete natural release, which will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve as is or if you want a more golden top, place pan in the oven for a few minutes to brown the stuffing.
- For this recipe it calls for the box stuffing cubes, but if you’d rather make your own from scratch you can always do that too! If you don’t have a recipe that you already use to make stuffing cubes, take a look at A Bountiful Kitchen’s bread cubes for stuffing recipe and use 10 ounces of that instead!
- Once you take it out you can serve it as is, or place it in the oven for a few minutes and let the stuffing brown on top a bit.
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
- Oven Safe Pan that will fit in your Instant Pot
- Trivet for Instant Pot
This post was included in our 6 of the EASIEST Christmas Dinner Recipe Ideas video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.