I’ve been on a bit of a spicy-sweet kick lately. Especially after I discovered Tabasco’s chipotle sauce (not sponsored, I just love that stuff!).
I made these honey chipotle chicken wings a few weeks back, and I haven’t stop craving the tangy combo of flavors since!
I decided to change up the marinade and try it with pork for some very simple pork tacos. They are quick to throw together – but so delicious! It would be REALLY good with our chipotle aioli sauce, too!
Everything you need to make Honey Pork Tacos
Mixing Bowl – This mixing bowl is perfect for mixing sauces like this because of the spout. No more spills!
Ziploc Bags – These make marinating meat SO easy. Just zip the meat up with the marinade and place it in the fridge. These bags can stand up so they are easy to fill and easy to store in the fridge.
Skillet – This is our favorite skillet for cooking things like this! Easy to clean and large enough to double the recipe.
How to make Honey Pork Tacos
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, oil, lime juice, soy sauce, and chipotle sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a ziploc bag and add in the pork strips. Shake until all the pork has been covered with the marinade.
- Place the bag of pork and marinade the fridge and let it marinate for 30 minutes or longer. (sometimes I let it sit overnight).
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat. Dump the contents of the bag into the skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side (about 2-3 minutes should be fine!).
- Assemble tacos on flour tortillas with your favorite toppings. We recommend lettuce, pico de gallo or salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese.
More Taco Recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Is Taco Tuesday a thing at your house too? Here are a few more of our favorite taco recipes!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video, we’re showing you how we make our Citrus Pork Tacos in the Slow Cooker!