These Salsa Verde Lime Tacos have quickly become a family favorite recipe at our house!
Football season is the best season because it has the best foods! I am a big snacker and appetizer person, so you could say that the Super Bowl has my name written alllll over it! These Salsa Verde Lime Tacos will definitely be making an appearance at our Super Bowl party this season.
Want more Salsa Verde?! Try our Salsa Verde Enchiladas!
Ingredients needed to make these Easy Salsa Verde Lime Tacos:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups salsa verde divided
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 (6 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado diced (optional)
How to make these Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Lime Tacos:
- Add chicken, 1 cup salsa verde, salsa, and lime juice to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, remaining 1/2 cup salsa verde, greek yogurt, salt and pepper for taste.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture between tortillas and top with cilantro and avocado, if desired.