Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
Sausage Tortellini Soup is Perfect for a chilly winter day!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces Italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped kale
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 2 cups tortellini
- ½ Tablespoon chopped basil
- parmesan cheese for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In small frying pan, combine oil, onions, peppers, garlic, and sausage. Cook until sausage has completely browned.
- While sausage is browning, cook Tortellini according to the package in separate pot.
- In large stock pot on medium heat, combine chicken broth, tomatoes (undrained), kale, spinach, and basil. Let it heat through.
- To soup mixture, add sausage mixture and tortellini.
- Let soup simmer covered on low heat for at least 15 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Top with salt and pepper and parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- We have also thrown this in the slow cooker, without the tortellini, for a few hours on low. Add the tortellini about 10 minutes before serving to avoid it getting mushy.
Calories: 333 kcal · Carbohydrates: 19 g · Protein: 14 g · Fat: 22 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Cholesterol: 53 mg · Sodium: 1403 mg · Potassium: 590 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 4 g · Vitamin A: 982 IU · Vitamin C: 50 mg · Calcium: 103 mg · Iron: 3 mg
- small frying pan
- large stock pot