I love the textures of this candy bar. The creaminess of the marshmallow and butter mixed with the crunch of the peanuts. Makes for the perfect salty and sweet snack!
When I make these, they honestly do not last long AT ALL! I have to make them up a day before if I am bringing them to an event or they will all disappear. My kids say it’s magic, but we all know better, though I may be a culprit as well. 😉
While we have so many wonderful copycat recipes, some of my favorite treat copycat recipes are our Toll House copycat chocolate chip cookies, copycat Zupa’s caramel rockslide brownies and of course our copycat tagalong bars.
Here is what you need to make the big hunk copycat recipe:
BIG HUNK INGREDIENTS:
- Peanuts (we used lightly salted just like THESE)
- Kraft Marshmallow Creme (like THIS)
- Light corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
If you’d prefer to make your very own marshmallow creme try out this homemade marshmallow recipe from Allrecipes.com.
Everything else you’ll need for this copycat candy bar recipe:
- Cookie sheet
- Large saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Candy thermometer
- Wax paper
LEARN HOW TO MAKE RECIPES YOU LOVE!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Time to make our Homemade Big Hunk Candy Bars recipe!
Start by greasing a large cookie sheet with either butter or shortening. Then open the jar of peanuts and spread them over the whole greased cookie sheet evenly.
Then in a large mixing bowl scoop out all of the marshmallow creme and set that aside until a while later.
Next, in a large saucepan, combine together the corn syrup and sugar over medium heat. Make sure to stir it constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to boil.
Now, clip the candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan and continue to heat up the sugar mixture until it reaches 290 degrees Fahrenheit (the soft crack stage).
PRO TIP: Be sure to not stir the mix while it is rising to the 290 degrees otherwise they will not turn out properly!
After it reaches 290 degrees, remove it from the heat and let it sit for 2 minutes. Again, DO NOT stir it during this time as well.
Now, without scraping the side of the pan, pour the sugar and corn syrup mixture into the bowl with the marshmallow cream. Then, add in the melted butter, vanilla, and salt and continue to stir everything together with the wooden spoon until the butter is completely incorporated.
Then, after everything is mixed together, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly over the peanuts that are spread out on the cookie sheet.
Now, just let it sit out at room temperature until it sets up completely. It should be about 3 hours or so. If you need them to set up faster, just pop the cookie sheet into the fridge and that should do the trick.
Then after they are have set up, you can cut them and serve. If you flip them upside down, you will be able to see the peanuts even better!
You can also wrap them individually in waxed paper for serving or gift giving.
MORE COPYCAT RECIPES TO LOVE!
- COPYCAT CHILI’S MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE
- COPYCAT JAMBA JUICE ALOHA PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- COPYCAT DISNEYLAND CHILI LIME CORN ON THE COB
- COPYCAT CHUNKY BAR CLUSTERS
- WINGER’S STICKY FINGERS COPYCAT RECIPE
Homemade Big Hunk Candy Bars Recipe
- 16 ounces peanuts (I used lightly salted)
- 3 (7 ounce) jars Kraft Marshmallow Creme
- 2¼ cups light corn syrup
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 6 Tablespoons butter slightly melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Grease a large cookie sheet with butter or shortening. Then spread the peanuts all over the greased cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl put the marshmallow creme, and then set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the corn syrup and sugar over medium high heat and stir constantly using a wooden spoon until it comes to a boil. Clip the candy thermometer on the side of the pan and heat it to 290 degrees F (soft crack stage). Do Not Stir During The Time It Reaches 290 degrees! (Trust me on this – do not stir while it's reaching the 290 degrees)
- Then remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes (do not stir during this time – let it set undisturbed).
- Without scraping sides of the pan, pour into the marshmallow cream bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Then add in the butter, vanilla, and salt and stir with wooden spoon until the butter is incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly over the peanuts.
- Let it set at room temperature until set, about 3 hours. You can put it in the fridge to set up faster. You can cut them up and wrap in waxed paper. After cutting them in squares we turned them upside down so you could see the side with the peanuts.
- You can also wrap them individually in waxed paper for serving or gift giving.
- Cookie Sheet
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
Recipe adapted from Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews