My little family and I live in a small little house that we rent so we are not allowed to grow a garden.
Luckily my Mother-in-Law has a wonderful garden. She is especially good at growing zucchini. I am so excited to share a recipe that I got from her.
It tastes delicious. Even my husband who doesn’t like zucchini couldn’t stop picking at these.
They are so simple to make and only require a few ingredients. I love how the batter makes the zucchini a little crunchy on the outside, and the zucchini soft and delicious on the inside.
Eating your vegetables never tasted so delicious.
How to make healthy fried zucchini
Step 1: Heat a skillet to 300˚F.
Step 2: Cut the zucchini into circles that are about 1/4 inch thick.
Step 3: Whisk the egg whites, milk and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Step 4: Once the skillet is hot enough, coat the zucchini in the egg mixture and place on the skillet.
Step 5: Cook the zucchini until brown and a little tender. This will be about 5-7 minutes
Step 6: If you like the zucchini very tender, cut them thinner.
Related article: love zucchini recipes? Try our Chicken Zucchini Casserole.
What do I serve with zucchini?
- I love serving my zucchini with a little protein. I love the taste of meat and zucchini together, especially chicken and steak.
- One of my favorite chicken dishes to eat with this Healthy Fried Zucchini is our Baked Orange Chicken. I love putting a little of the orange chicken sauce on my zucchini. It’s so delicious.
- My favorite steak recipe to eat with this zucchini is our, Salisbury Steak recipe, or our Favorite Juicy Steak Marinade recipe.
- You could also serve your meal with some mashed potatoes or rice. I love our Garlic and Dill Mashed Potatoes with this Healthy Fried Zucchini.
Looking for another healthy zucchini recipe?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. Each one is tried and true, so you can trust that even your picky eaters will like them.
looking for more zucchini recipes?
- Baked Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Whole Wheat Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Healthier Zucchinin Oatmeal Cookies
- Zucchini Tuscan Skillet
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!