I have been on a big Chinese food kick lately. I recently made our Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken for dinner a few weeks ago and realized we had to try it with a zesty orange sauce.
This Baked Orange Chicken tastes just as good as take out and can be made in the comfort of your own home.
I love making restaurant food in sweats at home. It totally beats getting ready, getting everybody dressed, fighting to put on shoes with hungry kids, waiting for a table, then waiting to eat, and paying a giant tip at the end.
I think I may start making all the restaurant recipes at home, from here on out.
Want more orange taste?
This sauce does have a hint of orange to it, but if you are looking for more, we recommend using some real orange.
I love to get my zester, or use the small side of a cheese grater, and grate some orange peel over my chicken, for a little more orange flavor. It is delicious.
Could I deep fry this chicken?
You most definitely could deep fry the chicken, if you desire. I like to bake mine because fried food give me a little bit of a stomach ache, but you could most definitely fry, instead of bake, your chicken.
I will sometimes even skip the browning step, just because canola oil give me a little bit of a stomach ache.
What could I use in place of canola oil
If you are like me, you don’t love canola oil. It is great for cooking, however, it leave me feeling a little sick.
If you are looking to replace canola oil, I recommend using a light olive oil, or avocado oil.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We wanted to share with you, our favorite family recipes. Sometimes it can be difficult to cook, without knowing how it’s supposed to look.
That is why we created our channel. We want to help our viewers, every step of the way, through their recipes.
Each recipe is tried and true so you know your family will love it.
Related recipe: be sure and try our CHINESE CHICKEN FRIED RICE. It tastes even better than take out.
Looking for more of our favorite restaurant recipes, you can make from home?
- Animal Style Fries from In – n – Out Burger
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw
- Copycat Fiesta Chicken Nachos
- Copycat Blaze White Top Pizza
Baked Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups cornstarch
- 3 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until lightly browned.
- Place the chicken in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, orange juice, sriracha, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, soy sauce, garlic salt, and cornstarch.
- Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
- Mixing bowls
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!