It’s so nice to have a breakfast casserole in the morning that is easy to assemble and all you have to do is throw it in the oven!
You can also make this hashbrown breakfast casserole the night before, wake up and stick it in the oven. This casserole is great for busy mornings or even can be your Christmas morning tradition! Your house will smell amazing while it’s cooking.
the best sausage for this breakfast casserole
We love to use sausage in this casserole. We have tried many different kinds of sausage.
We have used ground sausage that we have browned, sausage links, and sausage patties. They all taste great in the breakfast sausage casserole. Whichever one you decide on, just cut the cooked sausage (make sure it’s cooked) into small bite-sized pieces. We have even used maple-flavored sausage to give it a boost of flavor.
Another meat option for this breakfast casserole is cooked bacon that has been crumbled. Diced ham is tasty too. Got a meat lover? We have even combined some of the meats for a really tasty and hearty casserole.
How to Make hashbrown EGG casserole
- Crack all of your eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the milk and whisk together well. Set aside.
- In another larger bowl combine the cooked sausage, peppers, broccoli, onion, tomato, hash browns, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg mixture into the veggies.
- Gently stir together and pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set.
frozen hashbrowns vs thawed
When making this breakfast casserole, the hashbrowns are just partially thawed from sitting on the counter while we chopped the vegetables.
This makes them thawed just enough that we could break them apart instead of being a frozen clump of hashbrowns.
This recipe can easily be prepared the night before and then kept in the fridge until morning. All that you have to do is wake up and stick it in the oven. If you make it the night before, your hashbrowns would thaw in the fridge overnight.
Frozen or thawed will work just fine – the main thing is that you watch while it cooks to make sure the eggs are cooked through and the breakfast casserole is set.
items needed for this recipe:
- Mixing bowl set:We really like this mixing bowl set. The 3 sizes make it perfect for different steps in the recipe. Very budget friendly and you get 3 bowls.
- High Temp Meat Chopper:This is our go-to kitchen gadget when browning any type of ground meat. You can easily break up the meat into the size you want it with this handy tool.
- 9 x 13 inch glass pan: This pan is a favorite with the handles molded into the glass. We like using the glass pan because we can see how well the casserole is cooked on the sides and bottom.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
These are our other Favorite breakfast recipes:
You may have some early risers with these delicious breakfast recipes.
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 3 Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Roll Ups
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Check out 3 of our instant pot breakfast recipes