If you have never had an Acai Smoothie Bowl, we highly recommend them. They are perfect for a meal, dessert, or snack. We are just a little obsessed.
We used to live right down the street from a smoothie place back in Utah and I would find myself there almost every morning after the gym.
I would order an acai bowl every single time and can honestly say after 8 months of living there, I NEVER got sick of them.
Once we moved to California, I knew I needed to find a good acai bowl, but I still cannot find one. I took matters into my own hands and tried to create one at home. It may not be professional, but it’s still pretty tasty!
The best part about these smoothie bowls is that you can personalize each one! Add a some of your favorite fruit and granola and you’ve got a breakfast that will taste delicious and keep you going all day long!
Health Benefits of Acai
Acai is a berry grown mostly in the rain forests of the Amazon. Like other berries, the Acai has tons of health benefits.
Acai berries are LOADED with antioxidants, helping your heart and keeping you healthy.
These berries also help improve your cholesterol and assist in skin health, weight loss, and heart health.
Aside from all of those great benefits, they are also just plain delicious!
Then when you make our Acai Smoothie Bowl, you get all the good stuff, plus the added fruits and granola on top. Did we mention, the flavor is amazing?
Where do I buy Acai for my Acai Smoothie Bowl?
Unfortunately, you cannot find the berries in the store, but you can find food products made from these berries, and that is what we are putting in our Acai bowls.
You can buy Acai juice at just about any grocery store. Just look for the purple carton.
You can also buy Acai smoothie packs in the frozen food section of your grocery store (we found them at Costco!)
We love using this Honey Vanilla Greek yogurt in our Acai Bowls!
How to make an Acai Smoothie Bowl at Home
- Pour 1 cup of acai juice into ice cube trays and freeze until frozen. (We usually do this the night before). Or use frozen acai packs the morning of.
- Blend together frozen Acai juice, banana, yogurt, and strawberries.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Top with your favorite fruits, granola, and coconut. We also love putting honey or drizzling a little chocolate on top!
- Enjoy your Acai Smoothie Bowl!
More smoothie Recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Copycat Aloha Pineapple Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Berries and Oats Green Smoothie
- Pina Colada Fruit Smoothie
Acai Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup Acai juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 4 strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries for topping
- 1/2 cup raspberries for topping
- 1/4 cup granola for topping
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut for topping
- Pour 1 cup of acai juice inot ice cube trays and freeze until frozen (you don't have to freeze it, but we recommend freezing it, to avoid using ice, and giving the bowl a mild flavor.)
- In a blender, blend together the frozen acai juice, banana, yogurt, and strawberries.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Top with your favorite fruits, granola and coconut. We also love putting a drizzle of honey or little chocolate chips on top.
- Ice Cube Trays
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!