If you’ve never eaten breakfast at Disneyland, I would highly recommend it. We ate at Flo’s Cafe for my birthday breakfast this year, and they served the MOST amazing brioche french toast.
I’ve been craving it ever since, so I tried making it at home and it was SO good. I loved it, my husband loved it, and ALL of my kids ate it (which is a total win!).
Made with brioche instead of your regular bread, it’s just a little bit sweeter and just that much better. Topped with fresh bananas and my all-time favorite syrup, you can’t go wrong.
The secret to this french toast is using brioche.
Brioche is a richer and sweeter French bread, almost like a pastry. I used this brioche loaf, but you can use a regular brioche round roll, just sliced.
If you can’t find brioche, try to use a bread like Texas Toast, or a homemade loaf sliced thicker.
This would make the perfect breakfast or brunch for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
How do you make the perfect french toast
Step 1: Preheat griddle or skillet to 375 degrees.
Step 2: Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, nutmeg, and salt together in a shallow dish.
Step 3: Melt butter evenly across griddle. Working in batches, dip each slice of brioche bread in the egg mixture and cook in the hot butter until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding more butter as needed. Top with bananas, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and caramel syrup.
Step 4: In a medium saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients over medium heat. Whisk together until smooth and sugar has completely dissolved. Serve warm over french toast.
The caramel syrup is the most delicious finishing touch to this recipe. We borrowed it from our Kneader’s Copycat Recipe and my husband claims it’s so good he could eat it plain with a spoon (honestly, I agree! haha).
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
What to serve with french toast:
- Fresh Berry Salad
- Tropical Banana Slush
- Fruit Salad with Citrus Glaze
- Healthier Orange Julius
- Sunrise Skillet
Brioche French Toast Recipe
- 10-12 slices brioche (I used a pre-sliced loaf, but you can slice your own)
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- bananas for topping
- whipped cream for topping
- powdered sugar for topping
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup corn syrup
- Preheat skillet or griddle to 375 degrees.
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, nutmeg, and salt together in a shallow dish.
- Melt butter evenly across griddle. Working in batches, dip each slice of brioche bread in the egg mixture and cook in the hot butter until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding more butter as needed. Top with bananas, whipped cream, powdered sugar, and caramel syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients over medium heat. Whisk together until smooth and sugar has completely dissolved. Serve warm over french toast.