This year, the only thing that seemed to grow in my garden was tomatoes. I literally had hundreds.
I hated to see them go to waste, so I started trying to find as many ways to preserve them as possible.
My mom used to can things when we were little, but I remember that it was such a long process and as a work-at-home mom, I knew that I wasn’t going to have time for that.
I love this recipe because it cooks on the stove for about 45 minutes, then you pour it in containers and stick it in the freezer. It will last for 3-4 months and still taste as delicious as the day you made it.
Plus, salsa has so many great health benefits, and is a pretty healthy snack (depending on the chips you buy to dip).
Salsa is practically my love language, and this salsa is one of my favorites. So take it from a salsa snob, this recipe is a must try.
what could i use this salsa in?
Chips and Salsa is a classic food, but there is so much more that you can do with salsa, especially in your main dishes.
Here are a few of our favorite ways, to put our salsa to use:
–Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken: This is one of our favorite meals to make. It’s also extremely easy to make, because you make it in the slow cooker.
-Oven Baked Chicken Tacos: If you have never tried oven baked tacos, this is a recipe that is a must try. So yummy and easy.
–Chips and Salsa Chicken: The two best worlds have combined, and we bring you, Chips and Salsa Chicken. It is so yummy.
watch how to make a similar salsa recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make this simple and delicious Easy Blender Salsa, here:
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
looking for more copycat restaurant ideas?
- Copycat Animal Style Fries from In-n-Out
- KFC Copycat Cole Slaw
- Blaze Restaurant White Top Pizza
- Dairy Queen Blizzard Copycat
- Healthier Orange Julius Smoothie
Easy Freezer Salsa Recipe
- 8 cups tomatoes diced (you can peel them if you want)
- 2 medium green peppers diced
- 2 large sweet onions diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped (I only did one and it was a mild salsa)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed tomato soup undiluted
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (I used 1, but you can use more if you like more heat)
- Add all ingredients into a large saucepan or stockpot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Let simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes.
- Pour into small freezer-safe containers (I used 16 oz containers and filled them about 3/4 full). Let the containers cool to room temperature, then stick in the freezer.
- Salsa will stay fresh in the freezer for 3-4 months. Let thaw and stir well before serving.
Recipe source: Taste of Home