Does making Christmas candy intimidate you? Because it intimidates me! I’ve never gotten on the Christmas candy train until I discovered how easy it really could be!
The crackers in this recipe soak up the caramel toffee perfectly, giving you a crunchy toffee that tastes like you bought it from you a candy store.
Trust us when we say if we can make Christmas candy, you can too!
How to Store Saltine Cracker Toffee
If you have any left over after the first day, then it’s important you store it right so it doesn’t go to waste!
We recommend wrapping this toffee in foil, and placing in an airtight container in the fridge. This helps keep any unwanted air and moisture out, keeping your toffee from getting too soft, or too crunchy.
This will last for about 6-7 days, wrapped and in the container.
If you are making this a week ahead of time, You can definitely freeze your toffee too! Remove from the freezer a few hours before you’re ready to eat it, and you’re good to go!
We’d recommend keeping it frozen for up to 30 days, but can’t guarantee the same texture or flavor after that time.
Saltine Cracker Toffee Toppings
I love how versatile and simple this recipe is. We used white chocolate in this recipe, but have a delicious English Toffee version using milk chocolate that we love!
You can easily personalize this and make it for any holiday! For Christmas, we love this peppermint version, but you can switch it up with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, your favorite nuts, or festive sprinkles.
Here are a few more topping ideas for your Saltine Cracker Toffee:
Colored chocolate drizzle
This really is the perfect snack or dessert, any time of year. Change it up for your favorite holiday or season and let us know what you create in the comments below!
LOOKING FOR MORE HOLIDAY DESSERTS? HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE ones
- Christmas Trail Mix
- Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
- Cherry Bing Bars
- Christmas Tree Cupcake Topper
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Peanut Butter Snowballs
- Instant Pot Nut Clusters
Easy Christmas Peppermint Toffee Recipe
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large jelly roll pan (mine was 15x10") with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the saltine crackers evenly on the pan (I put mine really close together so that they were touching).
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for three minutes without stirring.
- After three minutes, pour and spread the hot brown sugar mixture evenly over the saltine crackers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the white chocolate chips across the toffee. Let them melt for a couple of minutes and then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly across the toffee (like frosting).
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of the melted chocolate. Let the toffee and chocolate cool completely (I put mine in the fridge to help it set up quickly). Break the toffee into bite-size pieces.
- To store, keep in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for a couple of months.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
In the midst of the holiday season, nothing quite captures the spirit of the festivities like the sweet and delightful Christmas peppermint toffee. Whether you’re preparing it for your holiday parties, as a special treat for your loved ones, or as a thoughtful holiday gift, this easy peppermint bark recipe has quickly become one of the best things about this time of year.
With a basic recipe that combines the buttery toffee of saltine toffee with layers of the best quality chocolate, a hint of peppermint, and a generous sprinkling of crushed peppermint candies, it’s a simple recipe that yields the best results. Creating this delicious treat is made easier with a few kitchen essentials, such as a candy thermometer and parchment paper.
The great thing about this homemade peppermint bark is that you can customize it to your liking. Whether you prefer a thinner or thicker layer of white chocolate, a deeper or more subtle hint of peppermint, or even additional ingredients like crushed graham crackers or graham cracker toffee for that extra crunch, this versatile recipe allows you to make it your own. It also makes for a great gift! Easy Christmas candy recipes can be hard to come by, so you’ll return to this one year after year. Sprinkle the top with candy cane pieces for an extra touch!
In the world of holiday confections, this white chocolate peppermint bark stands out as one of the easiest and most delightful holiday treats. So, grab your candy thermometer and a good quality chocolate, and let the magic unfold. This is one great recipe that reminds us that good things come in simple, sweet packages during the holiday season. Enjoy!