Sometimes a homemade burrito recipe can be daunting and time-consuming. Not this one! You can make this one in a half hour or less and still enjoy a lot of great flavors.
Ingredients needed for these Bean and Cheese Burritos:
- Boil in bag brown rice
- Lime juice
- Flour tortillas, taco size
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Black beans
If you want to give this recipe a little extra special touch, you can even make your own tortillas. While our first instinct might be to buy them, you can make tortillas fairly easy with this homemade tortillas recipe from Taste of Home.
Be sure to have these items as well for these healthy burritos:
- Medium pan
- Colander (THIS is a great one!)
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups
- Large nonstick skillet (one like THIS would work great)
MAKE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT RECIPES AT HOME!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
How to make our easy homemade Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos recipe:
When starting this recipe, begin by cooking the boil in a bag rice according to the directions on the package. This should take about 10 minutes.
Then, drain the rice and place it in a medium size bowl.
Add the cup of salsa to the rice, along with the cilantro and mix it all together well.
Next, take your ripe avocado and dice it up. After it is cut up, place it in a bowl and add the fresh lime juice to the avocado and toss it until the avocado is covered.
Now, place the six tortillas on your counter and sprinkle ⅓ cup of shredded cheese in the center on each shell.
Next, add a ¼ cup of the strained and washed black beans on each shell on top of the cheese.
After that is done, scoop another ⅓ cup of the rice mixture on top of the beans for each of the shells.
To finish building, spread the avocado evenly amongst the six shells.
Now, fold in one side, then its opposite side, then begin to roll the bottom up to the top to keep the filling inside making your burrito shape.
Then, spray the tops and bottoms of the burritos with nonstick cooking spray.
On a large nonstick skillet pan, heated to medium-high heat, place three of the burritos seams down for about 1 minute on each side or until they begin to get golden brown and crispy.
Once those three are done, do the same for the remaining three, then eat and enjoy!
MORE DELICIOUS BURRITOS
Do you have an Instant Pot and not quite sure what to do with it? Well, subscribe to our YouTube channel and you will find all sorts of great recipes to make in your Instant Pot.
Plus, we make each of the recipes with you from beginning to end. A great one to start with is our EASY Instant Pot beef chile burritos recipe. It is extremely flavorful and a great recipe for beginners!
Check out these kid-friendly burrito recipes!
- BEAN AND RICE BURRITOS (FREEZER MEAL)
- SLOW COOKER CHILE COLORADO BEEF BURRITOS
- BBQ CHICKEN BURRITOS RECIPE
- 7 LAYER DIP BURRITOS RECIPE
- EASY CHICKEN AND BEAN BURRITOS FREEZER MEAL
Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos Recipe
- 1 3.5 ounce boil in bag brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 6 soft taco flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- Cook the boil in bag brown rice according to package directions, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and place in a medium sized bowl, add the salsa and cilantro and mix well, set aside.
- Put the diced avocado in a bowl and add the fresh lime juice and toss well. Set aside.
- Place the six tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of shredded cheese in the center of each tortilla in a 3 inch strip. Top the cheese with 1/4 cup of black beans.
- Then place a heaping 1/3 cup of the rice mixture over the beans.
- Divide the avocado over the six tortillas.
- Fold up opposite sides and then the bottom and roll up to enclose the filling.
- Coat the top and bottom of the burritos with non-stick cooking spray. Place 3 burritos in the skillet seam side down. Cook for about 1 minute or until lightly browned and crisp. Turn the burritos and cook another minute until golden brown. Repeat with 3 remaining burritos.
- If you want to give this recipe a little extra special touch, you can even make your own tortillas.
- Medium Pan
- Medium Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Large Skillet
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.