Our family has always been a fan of Americanized Chinese food. It is so easy to make, and tastes absolutely delicious.
This recipe was inspired by our favorite Chinese restaurant in Utah. If you ever visit, be sure to stop by the Mandarin. You’ll want to get there early because they don’t take reservations, and it’s always a long long line.
This dish is my favorite one to order there. It is so sweet, savory, and delicious. Plus it has vegetables to it’s healthy right?
If you need a simple and quick dinner recipe, this is one we highly recommend.
how to make Beef and Bean Stir Fry:
- I am all about simple, which is why I usually use microwave steam bag vegetables. It’s quick, simple, and tastes just as fresh to me. These are our favorite.
- You’ll want to cut your beef into thin slices to allow more sauce and flavor to absorb into it, and so it is easier to chew. We then seasoned ours with a little salt and pepper.
- Next, drizzle your beef with your favorite Teriyaki sauce. You can also add a little Worcestershire sauce if you are looking for a bit of a stronger flavor.
- Place your beef in the oven to broil for two minutes. Then remove it, flip over your steak pieces, add a little more teriyaki sauce, and place the pan back in the oven to broil for another two minutes.
- Once your meat is to it’s desired doneness (I like mine pink in the middle), you will want to to add your beans to the pan, and toss them in the sauce. You can also do this in a bowl, but I prefer to save myself the extra dishes and just do it in the pan.
- We like to serve ours over rice. Again, this is totally optional, but it is absolutely delicious. I am a shortcut person as you know, so I like this microwavable ready rice.
- Serve warm and enjoy. This meat is really tender, juicy, and the flavor is amazing. You can garnish it with green onion slices and sesame seeds if desired.
looking for more asian inspired dishes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Slow Cooker Beijing Beef
- Sticky Asian Ribs
- Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
- Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
- Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
- Cashew Chicken Skillet Stir-Fry
Beef and Bean Stir Fry Recipe
- 1½ pounds strip steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (divided)
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh green beans or frozen green beans
- 5 green onions sliced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Set the oven to broil.
- Slice the steak into thin pieces.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread your steak on the pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and honey until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the steak and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook the green beans according to package directions.
- Place the pan of steak strips in the oven and broil on both sides for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven once done broiling, and add your steamed green beans.
- Garnish with green onion slices and sesame seeds.