We love all things peanut butter and chocolate! This is a tasty no-bake dessert that is perfect for giving away to friends, or keeping the whole thing to yourself. This bark is almost too good to share.
This cookie bark requires no baking. Now that’s our kind of dessert.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookie Bark is a super simple dessert with a bed of swirled almond bark and peanut butter. Top it off with milk chocolate and peanut butter cookies.
We love making all kinds of bark. It’s quick, easy, and so tasty. Our Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookie Bark is so addicting. All it takes is one delicious bite and you’ll be hooked.
And that’s a good thing because it’s so simple to make. You can easily whip up another batch and there will be plenty to go around.
What is the difference between almond bark and white chocolate chips?
When making Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookie Bark, we used almond bark in the recipe. It melts well in the microwave. We added peanut butter to the melted almond bark for the base.
We have some recipes where we use white baking chips and they work just fine. You have to be very careful that your chocolate chips do not seize.
Almond bark is made up of vegetable fats, flavors and colors. White baking chocolate chips are made up of cocoa butter, milk solids, and sugars.
The two of them are not the same, but can often be substituted for each other.
Both can seize up if exposed to moisture when melting. Always use a dry spoon to stir when microwaving in time increments.
how to make Crunchy peanut butter cookie bark
Here are the main ingredients needed for Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookie Bark. We added chopped dry roasted peanuts on top of the bark.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil. Let the foil hand over the edges so the bark can be easily lifted out of the pan when done.
- Break up the cookies into fourths. Place in a plastic bag and coarsely crush with a rolling pin. You don’t want to crush them too small.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark according to package and stir until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter to the melted bark and mix in well.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture into the foil lined pan.
- In a separate bowl melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave until smooth. Stir every 15 second increments.
- Spoon 8 spoonfuls of chocolate over the peanut butter mixture in the pan.
- With a knife swirl the spoonfuls of chocolate until mixed in well and making a marbled look.
- Sprinkle the crushed cookies on top and press down firmly. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top.
- Add chopped peanuts to the melted chocolate on top.
- Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set up. Slice and serve.
items used in making crunchy peanut butter cookie bark
- 9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish – A favorite baking dish that comes with an lid.
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl – This mixing bowl is cute enough to serve in.
- Glass Measuring Cup – This is perfect for melting chocolate in the microwave.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our favorite bark desserts
- S’mores Bark
- Melted Snowman Bark
- Peppermint Brownie Bark
- Gooey Caramel Turtle Bark
- Peanut Butter Cup Bark
Recipe adapted from Pampered Chef