make them sweet and savory
I love the combination of sweet and savory.
I have always been a fan of salted caramels, but I made my own, and became their number one fan. These were so delicious and so easy to make.
I just added a little bit of sea salt, to the caramel. Once it is in the pan, I would sprinkle it over. If you wait to long, you may be to press it in with your hands a little.
We recommend just sprinkling it on top, not mixing it in, to the caramel.
how to clean a sticky caramel pot:
Cleaning up, after making homemade caramels, can be a big pain.
However, there is a simple solution to cleaning up a sticky, caramel covered pan. We recommend filling up the pan or pot with water, and letting it boil.
The caramel will melt and dissolve off the sides.
you can even put in the tip of your candy thermometer towards the end, and let that caramel, melt off as well.
watch how to make another one of our favorite christmas candy recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created our channel, specifically for you. We know how difficult it can be to make a recipe you have never seen or made before.
We have hundreds of simple and delicious cookie recipes, that your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can trust your family is going to love it.
Watch how to make another holiday candy recipe, favorite, here:
looking for more more of our candy recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Butterscotch Candy from Disney World
- Homemade Big Hunk Candy Bars
- Peppermint Candy Cane Fudge
- Homemade Honey Candy
- Homemade Butterfinger Bites
- Homemade Microwave Caramels
Homemade Caramels Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2¼ cups brown sugar firmly packed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter over stove top. Add brown sugar and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until candy reaches firm ball stage (245 degrees).
- This will take 12-15 minutes approx.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Let cool.
- Cut into 48 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Optional: Wrap each piece in wax paper.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
(Recipe from Food.com)