When we were growing up, my mom was notorious for making Christmas “goodie plates” for friends and neighbors. And Double Decker Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge was always on these plates!
She would spend a couple of days in the kitchen baking up a storm (she always made her famous sugar cookies and her pretzel turtle bites) and it was torture as a child to smell all those yummy cookies and treats and know that they were going to be given away.
As one who loves anything with chocolate and peanut butter combined, this fudge is a weakness of mine. We were able to sneak a few delicious pieces of this amazing chocolate peanut butter fudge.
I bet that I could devour an entire pan by myself without batting an eye! This fudge is incredibly rich – I would recommend cutting it into very small pieces.
Ingredients needed to make Double Decker Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge:
- peanut butter chocolate chips
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- marshmallow creme
- evaporated milk
- vanilla extract
To make this chocolate peanut butter fudge, I would not recommend substituting any of the ingredients. You can’t use peanut butter in place of the chips – it won’t set up the same. Marshmallows don’t work as well as marshmallow creme; I recommend just making the recipe as is for best results.
What is the best way to get a clean cut in this chocolate peanut butter fudge?
It can be a little hard to get the perfect clean cut with fudge. However, if you let it set up the full time, it shouldn’t be difficult to cut evenly.
We recommend letting the chocolate peanut butter fudge cool completely at room temperature (or let it set up in the fridge) until the fudge hardens.
After it has hardened, place a sharp knife under hot water. Slice the fudge with the hot knife. You may need to run it under hot water every few cuts so that it cuts smoothly every time.
I also recommend wiping the knife off with a paper towel or cloth between each cut to wipe off excess fudge.
Related Recipe: Be sure to try our easy and delicious No Bake Reese’s Fudge Bars.
Watch how to make another one of our favorite fudge recipes here:
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? We have tons of videos that walk you through recipes with step-by-step instructions so that you can make it right at home.
This Rocky Road Fudge only uses 4 ingredients and is such a good beginner recipe for those who are new in the kitchen or even for kids to make!
Have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Looking for more fudge recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Double Decker Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 11 ½ ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- 2 (7 ounce) marshmallow creme
- 1 ½ cups evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with foil.
- Using two large mixing bowls, pour peanut butter chips in one and chocolate chips in the other.
- Combine the sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk, and butter in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, stir continuously for 5 minutes (let it boil the entire time you are stirring).
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add vanilla. Quickly stir to incorporate.
- Carefully pour half of the marshmallow mixture into the peanut butter chips bowl and the other half into the chocolate chip bowl.
- Stir the peanut butter chips until they are melted and the mixture is smooth (it will take a minute or two). Pour the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the pan lined with foil.
- Now stir the chocolate chip mixture until the chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Carefully pour and spread on top of the peanut butter layer in the pan (I slowly and carefully poured mine on top, then used a spatula to spread it to the edges- if you pour too quickly, it will make holes and dents in your fudge).
- Let the fudge cool for a couple of minutes before placing in the fridge. Allow fudge to set up for 2-4 hours, then cut and serve.
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
MEAL PLANNING MADE EASY
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. Each recipe is tried and true, so we are confident you will love it.
Some of our best memories were made at the dinner table and that is something we wanted to help other families have time for.
Our simple weekly dinner meal plans take all the stress and guesswork out of
“What’s for dinner?” and turn it into a tradition of spending time with family.
Adjust your serving size to fit the needs of your family, and customize your plan with our library of 3000+ recipes. It’s time to start enjoying dinnertime!
Check out the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans on Prepear today!