what could I use instead of tortilla chips?
I love tortilla chips, with these little tostadas, but if you are looking for an alternative, here is what we recommend:
-Soft taco shells, and use a cookie cutter to cut them up into smaller circles.
-Tortilla Chip Shells are a great way to keep all the ingredients in, and keeps them from sliding off.
-Lettuce shells are a great healthy alternative.
-Plastic spoons, for the perfect gluten free bite of tostada. This is such a fun serving idea as well.
-Tomato slices are also a great way to keep this recipe healthy, and delicious.
what else could i top my tostada bites with?
I am all about toppings. If you know me, it’s not a meal unless it is smothered in garnish and more delicious flavor. Here are a few of my favorite additions, to throw on top of my Tostada Bites.
These are all light and healthy options, I am sure you will love on your tostadas:
-Pico De Gallo
-Black or Pinto Beans
Really you could add any of your favorite taco or enchilada favorites, and they would taste amazing with these tostada bites.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
looking for more chicken inspired dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorite:
Chipotle Chicken Tostada Bite Recipe
- ½ cup chipotle salsa
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts large, cooked and shredded
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons red onion chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove pressed or minced fine
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper seeds and rib removed, finely minced (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 round tortilla chips
- 24 cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- In a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup chipotle salsa to the cooked and shredded chicken. I boiled my chicken and shredded it. Stir salsa in well. Set aside.
- Make Guacamole by combining diced avocados, lime juice, garlic, tomatoes, chopped cilantro, optional jalapeno, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork til it is well blended. May be a little chunky.
- Top each chip with a tablespoon of guacamole. Then add a tablespoon of the chicken mixture. Then add a little shredded cheese. Top off with an olive slice with a cilantro leaf.
-Black or Pinto Beans
- Mixing Bowl
Adapted from: Apple A Day