I have an obsession with sweet potatoes. They are just so yummy and by far my most favorite part about Thanksgiving dinner.
But the thing that makes them so good are the marshmallows that are on top, and the brown sugar that is melted all over them.
This recipe was definitely inspired by Thanksgiving sweet potatoes. They are easy, and delicious. The Marshmallow dipping sauce, is really the cherry on top.
Honestly you could eat these without any dipping sauce, they are so sweet and delicious, but we prefer to eat them with. I honestly can’t get enough.
Do I need to peel my sweet potatoes or can I keep the skin on?
I personally like my sweet potatoes when they are peeled. However, you don’t have to peel them. There are also a lot of nutrients in the skin of the sweet potato.
I have made them with both peeled and non peeled, and for me, it was just a texture thing. I preferred to eat mine peeled, but it didn’t effect the taste of the fries.
Looking for a more savory sweet potato fry recipe?
I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes with sugar all over them, but the savory sweet potato fries are also extremely delicious.
If you are looking for a savory sweet potato fry recipe, we recommend trying our, Garlic Lime Sweet Potato Fries. They are so simple and delicious. They only require a few simple ingredients, and the savory flavor is delicious.
Sour cream replacement:
For this recipe, the sauce calls for a little sour cream. There isn’t a lot that is needed, however, it can be easily replaced.
If you are looking for a good sour cream alternative, we recommend using plain Greek yogurt. The texture and taste is about the same, but the nutrition facts are totally different. Plain Greek yogurt is full of protein and contains no fat. It’s the perfect alternative.
Watch how to make a similar sweet potato fry recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Sweet Potato Fries are so easy to make, and taste so delicious. They taste better than any fried food, and are super healthy for you. Watch how simple they are to make, here:
Looking for more side dish recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Easy Homemade Caesar Salad and Dressing
- Easy Parmesan Crescent Rolls
- Copycat Hug Hes Chicken Pasta Salad
- Mom’s Baked Beans
- Caprese Salsa
- Au Gratin Cheesy Potato Bake
Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Fries with Marshmallow Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- dash cinnamon optional garnish
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- ½ cup marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Slice potatoes into French fry sized pieces
- Melt butter.
- Combine and stir brown sugar with the melted butter.
- Coat the sweet potato slices in the brown sugar and butter mixture and place on covered cookie sheet.
- Bake fries for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Heat stove top to medium heat.
- Melt butter, and pour in milk.
- Continue stirring as you add marshmallows.
- Then add sour cream and marshmallow cream.
- Continue to stir, until all the marshmallows are melted and there are no chunks.
- Remove from stove and serve warm.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet