From our very first date, my husband has ordered a caprese salad at any restaurant that has offered one. He can’t get enough of it!
While some restaurants have delicious caprese salad, there are definitely some that struggle in the flavor department.
We wanted a good appetizer/treat a few weeks ago and of course I had all things Caprese on hand (I don’t think you understand his obsession!). We decided to try some salsa and oh my goodness it was delicious! Just enough Caprese Salad flavor with the delicious kick of your favorite salsa.
This would be perfect for any summer party or get together. It’s a step up from your old homemade salsa and looks like it could be found at a nice restaurant.
Summer never tasted so close with these fresh ingredients, perfectly soft mozzarella pearls, and delicious balsamic drizzle.
How to make caprese salsa
- Start by chopping your cherry tomatoes. We recommend using cherry tomatoes because they are a little more sweet than a roma tomato. However any tomato really will work in this recipe. You need about 2 cups of chopped tomato.
- Toss together tomatoes, mozzarella pearls (these can be halved if you don’t like the whole ones), basil, onion, and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle your salsa with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and lightly toss
Serving Caprese Salsa
We love to serve our Caprese Salsa with salted pita chips like these ones! However, tortilla chips, Ritz or butter crackers, or even crostini bread slices would taste delicious!
The longer you let this salsa sit, the better it tastes. We’d recommend serving within an hour or so of making to avoid it getting soggy or the colors fading, but you can keep it safely in your fridge for 4-5 days, it may just not look as pretty!
Homemade Salsa recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
If you loved our Caprese Salsa, check out these other recipes for homemade salsa on Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Caprese Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped basil
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, toss together chopped tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, basil, red onion, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss until coated.
- Serve with your favorite pita chips or tortilla chips.
- We love to serve our Caprese Salsa with salted pita chips like these ones! However, tortilla chips, Ritz or butter crackers, or even crostini bread slices would taste delicious!
- Mixing Bowl
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking?
We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re making our Homemade Fresh Peach Salsa!