Almost every BBQ we have together, our Mom makes her baked beans. They are absolutely amazing! If you need a summer side dish… this is one of my very favorites!!!
She got the recipe from our grandmother. We can’t even begin to describe the delicious smell that will be in your home while these baked beans are in the oven.
There are no words for the amazing smell of Mom’s Baked Beans while cooking. Too bad there is not a candle with this smell. 🙂
These baked beans can be put together in about 5 minutes. Then toss them in the oven to bake, and you have a wonderful side dish for dinner or a bbq.
Baked beans are usually served as a side dish, but you could serve these with some rolls or cornbread, and that would be over the top amazing! And it would fill you right up.
can this recipe be doubled?
This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a big crowd. Just be sure your baking dish is big enough to hold all of the baked beans.
You can also cut the recipe in half if you have a small group to feed. It’s so flexible since it’s mixing ingredients together and baking it in the oven.
how to make Mom’s baked beans
Mom’s baked beans are so easy to make, no fancy or tricky skills needed. We used canned pork and beans for convenience and because they taste pretty doggone good.
Here are the few simple ingredients needed for Mom’s Baked Beans.
Now our secret is out on 5 simple ingredients to make our delicious baked beans. You can easily add in other ingredients to your liking.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the cans of pork and beans and drain well. Pour them into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Add in the molasses, chopped onion, and brown sugar.
- Stir together well.
- Top with bacon slices until the top is completely covered. It’s fine if they overlap because they will shrink when cooking.
- Cover baking dish and place in oven and cook for about 1 hour. Uncover for the last 30 minutes of cooking time to add a little crispiness to the bacon.
- The sauce in the baked beans should start to thicken. It will also thicken more as it begins to cool.
- Serve warm. If you have any leftovers, just place in an airtight container in the fridge. Then reheat in the microwave. Mom’s baked beans are so good as leftovers.
helpful items used in making baked beans
- 2 Quart Baking Dish – This round baking dish is great for baked beans and comes with a glass lid.
- Stirring Spoons – Wooden spoons are great for stirring and these come in a set of 3.
- Chopping Knife – Great for chopping veggies and onions.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are some great grilling recipes to serve with baked beans:
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Grilled Pork Kabobs
- Mexican Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
- BBQ Bacon Burgers
Mom’s Baked Beans Recipe
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Pork and Beans drained
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- ½ onion chopped
- ¼ brown sugar
- 8 strips of bacon raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the pork and beans and drain well.
- In a 2 quart casserole baking dish, combine the pork and beans, molasses, chopped onion, and brown sugar.
- Top with bacon strips.
- Bake covered for 1 hour, remove cover halfway through cooking time.
- The sauce will start to thicken. It will thicken more as it begins to cool.
- 2 Quart Baking Dish
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch Camille and Elyse show you how to make this Cowboy Caviar. It’s great for a summer BBQ.