I love a great casserole recipe. This affordable family dinner is one that we make sure to have once a month. I try to save if for the nights where I know I’ll be short on time in the kitchen.
It is a fast dinner idea that I can throw everything into the baking dish and in the oven it goes! Plus it is awesome that it has the veggies right in the casserole so my kids won’t even notice them.
The other nice thing about this recipe is more than likely you will have all of the things you need for it if you are trying to pull dinner together last minute. Many of these ingredients can be found on our Pantry Staples list!
Oh yeah, and how could I not mention leftovers? This recipe makes a lot and is perfect to reheat and eat the next day. Just another reason why I love casseroles.
Speaking of casseroles, they are a huge hit for our fellow bakers. Some of our more popular casseroles are:
- John Wayne Casserole
- Chicken Zucchini Casserole
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole Skillet
- and our all-time favorite Million Dollar Casserole.
These casseroles are always a crowd and picky-eater pleaser!
Chicken casserole ingredients:
Be sure you are prepared with all the necessities for this easy chicken casserole:
- Cream of chicken soup
- Long-grain white rice (THIS kind works well!)
- Onion powder
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Mozzarella cheese
Other kitchen items you’ll need for this family dinner recipe:
- 9 x 13 baking dish (Love THIS Pyrex dishes for easily storing leftovers)
- Aluminum foil
Cooking with your kids!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
How to make chicken broccoli rice casserole:
Begin making this chicken casserole by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then, open up the can of cream of chicken soup and pour it into the bottom of the 9 x 13 baking dish along with the water, rice, broccoli, and onion powder. Mix everything together until it is well combined.
NOTE: The chicken and broccoli will both be raw when the dish goes into the oven.
Now need to take your trimmed chicken breasts and place them on top of the rice and broccoli mixture. Then, season the chicken will salt and pepper to your taste preference.
After the chicken has been seasoned, sprinkle the Italian breadcrumbs over top of the chicken.
When that is done, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
Then, simply place the chicken casserole into the oven and bake it at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the chicken and rice are fully cooked. (Depending on your oven your rice might take a little longer to cook.)
Once the chicken and rice are fully baked, remove the foil and top the chicken and rice with mozzarella cheese and return the foil over top and let it sit on the counter for another 5 minutes or so to allow the cheese to melt.
Now, just serve and enjoy!
Whenever we have casseroles I feel like I always need some sort of bread to dip in it. Anyone else? Well if you do, try making these deliciously easy homemade biscuits from Sugar Spun Run!
Join us in our kitchen!
On our YouTube channel, we have a lot of wonderful recipes that our viewers love on our channel and new ones are added all the time. A great one for you to check out is our Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole. It is super simple and everyone loves it!
More delicious casserole recipes:
- INSTANT POT HAM AND EGG CASSEROLE
- EASY HASHBROWN AND EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- HOMEMADE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITHOUT CONDENSED SOUP
- COWBOY CASSEROLE (TATER TOT CASSEROLE)
- CREAMY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE
Broccoli Chicken and Rice Bake Recipe
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 1⅓ cups water
- ¾ cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 2 cups fresh broccoli (chopped into small pieces)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir the soup, water, rice, broccoli, onion powder, and garlic powder in 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken on top of rice mixture and season with salt and pepper (I also sprinkled some more onion powder and garlic powder on top of the chicken as well).
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly on the top of the chicken and rice. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked (internal temperature of 165 degrees).
- Remove pan from oven and remove foil. Top with cheese and cover again with the foil. Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil