I am crazy about dessert! My husband knows how much I love dessert and bet me that I couldn’t go a month without it. I was determined to prove him wrong! The first few days were rough, but I made it through! About a week and a half into it, I came across this recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. I thought I would have enough self control to make these tasty brownies without tasting any of them. I was wrong. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and devoured these babies like it was nobody’s business! It was totally worth it. They are that good!
Pretzel and Toffee Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
Fudgy Brownies topped with creamy peanut butter, pretzels, chocolate chips and toffee bits!
- 1¼ cups butter
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil, leaving two inches hanging over the edge, and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in one minute intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside and let cool until warm to the touch (not hot).
- Stir in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Continue to mix and add flour until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly in lined pan.
- Melt peanut butter in a small bowl in the microwave, until pourable (about 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Drizzle the peanut butter over the brownies and swirl into brownie batter using a butter knife.
- Sprinkle on pretzels, chocolate chips, and toffee.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until set. Let cool completely before serving.
Calories: 431 kcal · Carbohydrates: 52 g · Protein: 7 g · Fat: 25 g · Saturated Fat: 13 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 93 mg · Sodium: 426 mg · Potassium: 207 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 36 g · Vitamin A: 627 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 29 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Aluminum Foil
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Microwave Safe Bowl
(Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)