Breakfast foods ALWAYS taste good to me, at any time of day.
I love our Blackberry Cream Cheese Danish (we usually eat that on Christmas morning) but I wanted to add a little extra protein and a little less sugar.
I decided to substitute the center of the danish, for eggs and bacon. It turned out so tasty and even my little girls gobbled it up.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious breakfast recipe, then you need to try this one. We even make this for breakfast for dinner, and it is a hit every time.
Make it your own breakfast braid:
I love how versatile this Breakfast Braid is. It comes together in a matter of minutes, and tastes delicious.
However, I especially love, that you can add just about anything to this recipe, and it will taste amazing.
Whether you add your favorite meat or cheese to it, it will taste spectacular.
I love adding ham, turkey sausage, chicken sausage, beef sausage, steak, bacon, turkey bacon, and just about any other meat, to this breakfast braid, and it taste delicious every time.
I also like adding pepper Jack cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan cheese, etc., and it comes out delicious every time.
You can also add your favorite toppings. I like to add pico de gallo to mine, but you could add your favorite salsa, or dip to yours.
My kids also love dipping theirs in syrup. To each their own, I guess.
What do I serve with this?
If you are looking for side dishes to serve with this recipe, we have a few ideas for you, that you are going to love.
I love making this recipe and serving it with fresh fruit. If you are looking for a fresh fruit salad, try our Greek Yogurt Fruit Salad.
We also love serving this with a fresh drink. When we make this for Christmas breakfast, we love serving it with our Warm Instant Pot Apple Cider.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We created it, specifically with you in mind. We are all about making our recipes easy for you, so we decided to show you how to make each one.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family is going to love it, even the pickiest eaters.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you what to do at each part.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Macadamia Nut Pancakes
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Waffles with Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce
- Easy Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast Braid Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup Pico De Gallo
- 8 ounces Crescent Roll Dough
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, then add eggs to the pan. Scramble eggs for about 3 minutes, then add 1 cup of pico de gallo. Continue to scramble eggs until they are set up (about 3 more minutes), then set aside.
- Open crescent roll dough and unroll as one large rectangle on a baking sheet than is lined with aluminum foil (or a baking mat). Dough should be almost the entire length of a half sheet pan. Press together to even out edges and seal any holes. Cut 1/2 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough.
- Spoon eggs down the center of the dough, then top with crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Fold 1/2 inch dough pieces up over filling alternating sides to get a braided pattern.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until dough is golden brown. Serve warm.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!