I love using a cake mix when I make cupcakes. With just a few additional ingredients to your cake mix, your cupcakes will be so soft and moist! The blackberry buttercream goes perfectly with the lemon cupcakes!
Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Lemon cake mix
- 3.4 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Blackberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter softened to room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup seedless blackberry jam
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 24 blackberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and pudding.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add water, oil, sour cream and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Fill cupcake tins 2/3 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a fresh blackberry.
- Mixing Bowl
- cupcake tin