Have you seen the Birthday Cake Oreos? If you haven’t, run to the store and go get some right now.
While you are at it, grab some cream cheese and white chocolate. That’s all you need to make these truffles. They are SO good and so easy to make.
If you are looking for a quick dessert, whether you are celebrating a birthday or not, these Birthday Cake Oreo’s are a celebration in and of themselves.
We have started making it a family tradition to make these for birthdays as a between breakfast and lunch snack. I have to admit, it’s my new favorite tradition.
Three ingredients? Are you kidding me? These are the worlds best dessert and they really only require three simple, inexpensive, and delicious ingredients.
If you need more birthday ideas, check out our list of 50 easy birthday cakes!
tips for making birthday oreo truffles
This recipe could not get any easier, however there is a step in the instructions, you can’t forget to do.
The key to making successful Oreo Truffles, is refrigerating the dough balls, before dipping them in white chocolate. In fact, I would even recommend freezing them.
If you don’t, the hot white chocolate, will melt the dough, and they will have a difficult time keeping their shape.
Definitely be sure you freeze or refrigerate these truffles, before dipping them, for best results.
the secret to dipping candy
I know these aren’t technically considered candy, but to me, a truffle is a candy.
Dipping truffles can be tricky, but I have finally figured out the dipping system. All you need is a plastic fork.
Take your plastic fork, and break off the two middle prongs, keeping two prongs on the outside. Place the truffle on the two prongs, and dip in the white chocolate.
Place the dipped truffle on foil, parchment or wax paper. Smooth over the sides of the truffle with the fork prongs, if there is any dough showing.
That’s all there is to it.
Could I make this dessert with other flavored cookies?
I don’t know who is behind all the Oreo flavors, but they honestly deserve a raise. Do they realize the beauty and happiness they have brought to the world, especially now that we make truffles out of them?
With that being said, yes; this recipe would work with any Oreo flavor. In fact, we have a few more truffle recipes for you to try, that include various cookie flavors. Here are our other favorites:
–Peppermint Oreo Truffles – Watch how to make these ones, in the video below. Perfect holiday treat.
–Oreo Cookie Truffles – The ultimate original Oreo truffle recipe. It’s amazing.
–Lemon Cookie Truffles – Yes, you read that right. Lemon. Cookie. Truffles.
–No-Bake Mint Cookie Truffles – Mint and chocolate just work. So do these truffles.
watch how to make peppermint Oreo truffles here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of delicious and simple recipes, your family will love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love it.
looking for more birthday recipes?
- No Churn Birthday Cake Protein Ice Cream
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- Funfetti Birthday Pancakes
- Sheet Pan Funfetti Cookie Bars
- 5 – Ingredient Cake Batter Cheesecake
Birthday Oreo Truffles Recipe
- 16 ounces Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies 1 package, dived
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package, softened
- 16 ounces almond bark 1 package, melted
- 1 Tablespoon rainbow ball sprinkles
- Crush 20 cookies to fine crumbs in a plastic bag or in a food processor. Place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese and mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into about 1-inch balls. Put balls in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
- Dipping truffles can be tricky, but I have finally figured out the dipping system. All you need is a plastic fork. Take your plastic fork, and break off the two middle prongs, keeping two prongs on the outside. Place the truffle on the two prongs, and dip in the white chocolate.
- Food Processor
- Medium Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Wax Paper
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews