Celebrating our dad’s birthday today with this delicious CREPE CAKE. This Mimi’s Café copycat has layers of crepes and whipped fluffy frosting with sprinkles. If you’re a non-cake lover, this one’s for you!
Related article: Want even more birthday inspo? Check out our list of 50 easy birthday cakes.
Birthday Crepe Cake Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup funfetti cake mix
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- In a blender, mix together crepe ingredients. Cover and chill in refrigerator at least an hour. Overnight is best.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium/high heat, and brush lightly with butter or cooking spray.
- Drop 1/4 cup of mixture onto the heated pan, immediately picking up the pan and tilting it in a circular motion, making a thin crepe.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on the first side, flip it, and 30 seconds on the other side.
- Stack crepes to the side on a plate (depending on the size of your pan, it should make between 8-12 crepes).
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until it turns frothy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and cake mix gradually while beating. Whip until light and has a thick enough consistency to spread as an icing.
- Spread icing evenly between each crepe, and use any remaining icing on top. Top with sprinkles and let it cool in the refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving.
- Mixing Bowl