One meal that I can always get my picky eater kids to eat is tacos. However, I can only handle so many breakdowns about broken taco shells from my kids.
One of my favorite meals are our Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos, so I thought that I could just apply that same technique to our taco night . . . and it was a smashing success.
We didn’t have tears over any broken taco shells and everyone cleared their plate. That is definitely a mom win.
It came together in minutes, and it tasted so yummy. It is adult and child approved (and both are pretty picky).
can i prepare these the night before and bake it the next day?
This recipe is great for making ahead of time, keeping in your fridge, then making later the next night.
The tortillas may be just a little more soggy, and not keep their crunch as well, but you could make it the day before and it will still be delicious.
We recommend watching it carefully as it bakes, because it may take a few extra minutes to heat all the way through.
could i make this with ground turkey instead of ground beef?
This recipe calls for ground beef, but you could easily replace it with ground turkey. We recommend using ground beef, because the flavor is a little richer but ground turkey is a healthier alternative that would still work great.
You could also use really any other type of favorite meat you like to put in your taquitos. Here are a few others we recommend trying as well:
- Ground Chicken
- Turkey Sausage
- Chicken Sausage
- Shredded Chicken
- Grilled Chicken
- Pulled Pork
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more Mexican inspired cuisine? Here are a few of our favorite dishes:
- Flatbread Mexican Pizza
- Mexican Pork Chops and Rice Bake
- Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Mexican Lasagna
- Ground Turkey Mexican Vegetable Skillet
Baked Taco Taquitos Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 15 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chunky salsa divided
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 20 flour tortillas 6 inch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add beef and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned.
- Add beans and 1 cup salsa. Mix well and let cook for a couple of minutes so that the flavors can meld and the mixture can thicken.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the taco meat mixture into a tortilla, topped with some shredded cheese and roll it up.
- Place taquito seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with each taquito. Spray the top of each taquito with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until edges and tops are golden). Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with remaining salsa.
- Baking Sheet