What could I use instead of taco sauce in this Mexican Lasagna Recipe?
This recipe calls for taco sauce. It is usually found by the enchilada sauce, and other Mexican inspired cuisine, at the grocery store.
However, if you can’t find it, or don’t like it, here is what we recommend as a replacement:
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Enchilada Sauce (preferably red)
- Tomato Sauce
Again, for the best taste, we do recommend taco sauce, but these other substitutes would work, just as well.
What to garnish your Mexican Lasagna Recipe with:
I am all about the garnish when it comes to Mexican inspired food. I love topping my food off with fresh and delicious ingredients.
Here are a few of my favorite toppings to add to my taco lasagna, here:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Olives
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole or Sliced Avocados
- Spanish Rice (Check out our favorite recipe, here.
- Feta Cheese
- Sliced Bell Pepper
- Hot Sauce
- Refried Beans
Related recipe: Can’t get enough lasagna? Try our Mini Muffin Tin Lasagna!
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Looking for more Mexican inspired dishes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Mexican Pork Chops and Rice Bake
- Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Turkey Mexican Casserole
- Mexican Street Corn
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 15 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- 15.25 ounces canned yellow corn drained
- salt to taste
- 8 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil around the pan.
- Add ground turkey and season with chili powder, cumin, and red onion. Brown the meat for 5 minutes.
- Add taco sauce, black beans, and corn.
- Heat the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes until heated through, then season with salt, to your taste.
- Coat a shallow baing dish with olive oil, about 1 Tablespoon. Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with.
- Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Repeat meat tortilla, cheese layers again.
- Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with the scallions and serve.