I have always loved coffee cake! This Blueberry Coffee Cake puts such a sweet and delicious twist on the cake that I just can’t seem to get enough of!
Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 5.3 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ¼ cups blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar for topping
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, canola oil, and yogurt.
- Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Slowly fold in 1 1/4 cups of blueberries, saving the last 1/2 cup for the top of the cake.
- Pour batter into prepared baking sheet and top with remaining blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the unbaked cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9 inch round baking dish