You are going to love this Lattice Top Chicken Stew. It tastes so amazing and you won’t believe how easy it is to make. It tastes like you have spent hours in the kitchen. The crescent roll crust is so tasty over the chicken and veggies. It’s the perfect dinner for a busy night!
Lattice Top Chicken Stew Recipe
- 16 ounces frozen California blend vegetables
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup french fried onions
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 ounce refrigerated crescent roll dough sheet
- In a large bowl combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, onions and seasoned salt.
- Carefully spoon into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While it is cooking spread out the roll dough into a big sheet. Using a pizza cutter cut 4 strips from the dough lengthwise. With the remaining dough, cut into 6 equal shorter strips.
- Remove dish from oven after 20 minutes and quickly do 4 lengthwise strips and 6 strips width wise. Quickly weave them over the warm casserole to give it a lattice look.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes, or until the top crust is golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home