With everyone in our house always eating ice cream I figured it was time to do another ice cream recipe. This homemade vanilla ice cream recipe is super simple to make and even better to eat!
Even my kids help me with this and it’s kind of like a science experiment for them! And one you can eat at that! Adds even more fun to this dessert. The kids are always more excited to eat something they have made.
If you have never tried to make your own ice cream you are missing out! This a great recipe to start with. It is super simple and uber creamy and smooth.
So you’ve made your ice cream, now let’s find more delicious recipes to put with this old fashioned ice cream! you should try our instant pot fudgy brownies, easy pecan pie, and our amazing slow cooker peach cobbler recipe.
You can find everything you will need to make this homemade ice cream here:
All of the ingredients for homemade ice cream without eggs:
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
Essentials to make this delectable old fashioned homemade ice cream:
- Large mixing bowl
- Ice cream machine (THIS one works great and is budget-friendly)
- Airtight container (THESE work well and are freezer safe)
EASY DINNERS FOUND ALL IN ONE PLACE!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
30 Minutes or Less including recipes for: Skillet Pork Lo Mein, Parmesan Pork Chops, and Ham and Pineapple Pizza Roll-ups.
5 Ingredients or Less including recipes for: Easy Gnocchi Casserole, Sweet and Tangy Meatballs, and Baked Sloppy Joes.
Pantry Essentials including recipes for: Seven-Can Tortilla Soup, Crispy Coconut Strips with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce and French Dip Crescents.
Slow Cooker including recipes for: Honey Garlic Chicken, Tuscan Soup, and Mongolian Beef.
Freezer Meals including recipes for: Kung Pao Chicken, Country-Style BBQ Spareribs, and Beef and Mushrooms.
One Pan, One Pot including recipes for: One-Dish Baked Fajitas, Sunrise Skillet, and Mushroom Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry.
Casseroles including recipes for: Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Casserole, Country Breakfast Casserole, and John Wayne Casserole.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Let’s get churning this easy homemade ice cream!
- To start this old fashioned ice cream recipe, start by getting out a large mixing bowl and a whisk. Next, you are going to pour in the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt (yes everything ha!) into the mixing bowl. Whisk everything together until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour into the ice cream maker container. Layer ice and salt on the sides of the ice cream container, or follow the directions that come with your ice cream maker.
- Place motor of the machine over the op and turn on the ice cream maker.*Since there are so many version of ice cream makers its best for you to follow the directions on time to churn since each will vary from model to model.*
- Most machines will automatically turn off after the ice cream is thickened and done churning.
Related Article: These Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites come together quickly and are both healthy AND delicious!
- Transfer to an airtight freezer container or a container so that you can place in the freezer to set up. You want it to be slightly hard to the touch. Then scoop the old fashioned ice cream and serve it with your favorite toppings. We like to add raspberries or mini Oreo cookies.
- Ice cream is good for up to 6 weeks in the freezer.
TOPPINGS TO TRY:
Toppings are what makes the sundae so if that is what you are going for, get creative! Here is some of the things we like to put on ours:
- Crushed up Oreo
- Hot fudge
- Melted peanut butter
- Crushed up graham crackers
- Mini marshmallows
- Strawberry syrup
- Whip cream
And so much more! Let us know what some of your favorite toppings are. You can also serve this ice cream in a waffle cone or a waffle bowl. If you haven’t ever tried making your own cones, you need to! Try out this homemade waffle cone recipe from Ashlee Marie Let’s Make Some Awesome!
This dessert pairs wonderfully with ice cream!
Our YouTube channel has so many great recipes. Something for everyone! Each video we walk you through each recipe step by step to show you how to make it the way we do. In this YouTube video you’ll be walked through our simple, yet amazing Instant Pot apple dump cake recipe that would taste heavenly with this homemade ice cream! It’s quick and easy to make. I am talking 3 ingredients type of easy!
Pair your old fashioned homemade ice cream with these too!
- APPLE COFFEE CAKE
- SLOW COOKER CAKE MIX APPLE COBBLER
- APPLE HAND PIES
- BAKED PEACH HAND PIES
- COPYCAT CHILI’S MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.