how to pick the best pork chops:
Not all pork chops are the same, so it’s important to select pork chops that will give you the most meat and moisture, when picking them out at the grocery store.
- Choose pork chops with a pinkish- red color and some marbling in them. There are also different cuts of pork chops, and the best pork chops for grilling have marbling in them.
- Avoid pork chops with a dark colored bone, or dark spots on the fat. These will have a bitter taste, and may be harmful to eat.
- The package may say that pork chops will be good for a few weeks, but it’s best to cook and use them within three days of purchasing them, to ensure a rich flavor.
- After three days, we recommend freezing them, where they will keep nicely for about four to six months.
low and slow:
When grilling your pork chops, it is important to remember that they grill quicker than most other meats. Pork chops can also be a little more dry.
It’s important to carefully watch them as you grill them, to ensure they are not overcooking and drying. Here are some grilling tips for pork chops:
- Cook them on low, for a longer amount of time. This will help the juices soak into the meat, and not cook out quickly. It will also help avoid the meat from cooking fast on the outside, but not on the inside, leaving you with burnt pork chops.
- Let your pork chops marinade for a while, and even make a little extra sauce to put on the side, to baste them as they cook. They taste best when the marinate overnight.
- Don’t cut into the pork chops as they are cooking. If you do, make a small incision in the very center to ensure that the meat is done cooking, or a thermometer to see that it has reached the temperature of 145 degrees.
- Each pork chop should be grilled for about 3-5 minutes on each side. You will also want to be sure your grill is close, to trap the heat, and let it cook fully.
watch how to make another delicious pork recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Slow Cooker Citrus Pork Tacos are so simple and delicious. They come together quickly and
looking for more pork chop recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!