Oven Roasted Parmesan Broccoli

oven roasted parmesan broccoli

In a perfect world, I would like vegetables.
I would eat them like candy, get in 3-4 servings a day, and not even be tempted by chocolate.
Unfortunately, it’s not a perfect world and I struggle to each healthy foods because chocolate just sounds so much better. :)

Photographing vegetables isn’t too exciting either . . . there is no gooey cheese or melted chocolate oozing out . . .

However, this broccoli is KILLER!
Killer as in I couldn’t stop popping these bad boys in my mouth after they came out of the oven. It was such a quick and easy side dish to prepare AND my kids actually ate it.

So, even though it’s not a perfect world, this broccoli is pretty amazing (for being a vegetable!).

Roasted Parmesan Broccoli
2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/3 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Dump the broccoli into a large bowl and drizzle oil on top. Toss broccoli to coat with oil. Sprinkle garlic salt on top and mix to incorporate.

Spread broccoli on a large baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and bake for about 15 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown (you want it to caramelize, but not burn!).

Dump the broccoli back in a bowl as soon as you pull it out of the oven and mix with cheese. Serve immediately.

Serves 2-4.

Looking for more vegetable side dishes?
Vegetable Dill Dip
Pesto Potatoes
Balsamic Asparagus
Honey Roasted Carrots

Camille Sig

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

1. Laura @ The Turquoise Home says

This is my favorite broccoli recipe and pretty much the only way I like to eat it. You can also squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the broccoli after you pull it out of the oven, before you add the parmesan cheese. Yumm-o!!

2. carolyn archer says

hi six sisters i love your recipes and have tried quite a few YUMMY ! but there is something i would like to ask if its possible to put the calorie content and fat content of these recipes as it wouldbe so helpful to me and a lot of people that like your recipes . thankyou and keep the recipes coming :) from caz in london , england .

• Cyd says

We already have that fun option on our recipes. It’s our new sister blog site – MyRecipeMagic.com. Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. All of the nutritional info will come up along with weight watcher points and so much more! Hope you’ll stop by and check it out. Just click on the MAGIC button!

3. Jose R says

I made this last night and it was really good. I didn’t bother with all that prepping tossing in bowl and garlic salt crap, I just washed, laid them on a small baking pan (lined with foil for easy cleaning) drizzled the oil and sprinkled Kosher salt on top. Covered and baked for about 20 mins. then I uncovered continue to bake for about 15 mins after topped with the cheese and just let the cheese melt on top.
    This process is better and a lot less mess to clean up.

4. Cari says

These were very good. A little salty for me, so I’ll use less salt next time (my cheese has a lot of salt in it). To answer a previous comment, the broccoli smell was really strong but it had dissipated by the next morning. But certainly something to consider if you’re entertaining guests. :)

5. kt says

Love this! Didn’t have garlic salt so just pressed 1 clove of garlic and added to oil before tossing and then sprinkled with sea salt. Super delish and I don’t usually like broccoli.

6. Mandy says

So I just pinned this, made it, and ate it within the last hour. It was SO good! I’m currently trying not to eat all the leftovers from it, and that’s saying something because I’m usually the “leave the leftover veggies in the fridge to die” type.
    I didn’t have parmesan though, so I subbed montery jack. I’m sure most any cheese would be great. Thanks!

7. Blair says

This is the second recipe I’ve ever left a comment to in my life! There should be sooooo many comments about this amazing recipe! This is the only way my boyfriend will eat broccoli, and now it’s the only way I ever want to eat it! It is absolutely delicious! Simple, fresh, and perfect! Thank you so much!