Our White Chocolate Chex Mix Monster Munch is the perfect Halloween party food!
Our mom is the Halloween queen! Growing up, the Halloween decor came out on October 1st.
Spooky music played all month long, costumes were planned weeks in advance (she made many of them by hand), and parties happened all month long.
My personal favorite part about my mom’s Halloween Traditions were the food and treats.
Looking for more Chex Mix recipes? Be sure to check out these:
This snack is so easy to make, it only requires a few ingredients and a few minutes.
This is the perfect snack for when you are in a rush or need a last minute treat.
It’s also a great treat to make with your kids!
Ingredients needed for White Chocolate Chex Mix:
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Corn Chex (or Honey Nut Chex)
- M & M’s (candy corn flavor if you can find them, or any Halloween M & M’s candy)
- candy corn
- white chocolate chips
- vegetable oil
How to make White Chocolate Chex Mix:
- In a VERY large bowl (or two medium bowls), combine the first 6 ingredients: pretzels, Honey Nut Cheerios, Corn Chex, peanuts (or mixed nuts), candy corn M&M’s, and candy corn.
- Set the dry ingredients aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat white chips and oil on high for 60 seconds (you could also melt chocolate and oil in a double boiler pan).
- Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until completely melted and smooth (you may need to microwave for a couple more seconds).
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal mix and stir until all the cereal is evenly covered with white chocolate.
- Spread cereal mix on 2 large baking sheets (I used cookie sheets) lined with wax paper.
- Let cool and then break apart into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container. This would be a great dessert to make ahead of time. It stays good for quite some time.
How to melt chocolate in the microwave:
Melting chocolate can be difficult. When melting it, there are a few things to know so you don’t ruin it, or damage it in any way.
- Don’t add moisture. Make sure your bowl and spoon are free of moisture or water droplets. Make sure there is no water from the washer, left behind. This will ruin the texture of the chocolate.
- Evenly sized chocolate pieces. Your chocolate will cook evenly if it is in smaller equal pieces. If you are using a bark, some chocolate will melt faster than other areas. This could learn to burnt chocolate particles which could effect all of the melted chocolate.We recommend using chocolate chips, or chopping up chocolate bark into bits.
- Mix frequently. Don’t microwave the chocolate all at once. Microwave it in 20-30 second increments, stirring it every time you remove it from the microwave.At first the chocolate will still be in it’s form, but with each time increment, it will soften and melt. Continue to stir.
Related Recipe: Want more Chex Mix recipes?! Try our White Chocolate Chex Party Mix!