So living in Texas it is HOT right now. I’m talking really HOT! The last few days it has been raining and all I want is soup and pretend it is a nice cool fall day. So I decided to make a Disney World Copycat recipe. Well, I’m happy to say that this is the best soup I’ve ever eaten! That is not the pregnant taste buds talking either. My kids and husband loved it as much as I did!
Coconut Curry Chicken Soup from Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts uncooked, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion diced chunky
- 1 red bell pepper diced chunky
- 4 potatoes diced chunky
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes drained
- `1 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon curry powder. Sear chicken chuncks in the skillet until golden brown and ¾ done. Set aside.
- Melt butter and stir in flour to make a roux and set aside.
- Heat chicken stock, curry powder, coconut milk and roux. Let simmer until thickened.
- Add the vegetables (except the cilantro) and seared chicken. Cook until chicken is done.
- Add honey and garnish with cilantro and green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.