When you’re crunched for time and just trying to get dinner on the table, this is the perfect main dish.
Stuffed with ground turkey, cheese, and then baked to a crispy finish – everyone loves them!
How to get crispy taquitos in the oven
These oven baked taquitos are a healthy non-fried alternative to your favorite dish.
The trick to getting these taquitos perfectly crispy is to brush them with olive oil before they go in the oven. The oil caramelizes giving these a crispy crunch with every bite.
Related Article: These Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos are picky eater approved!
How to make turkey taco taquitos
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Step 2: Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
This is our favorite store-bought taco seasoning (we just buy it in bulk). If you don’t like store bought seasoning, you can always make your own.
Step 3: In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, then add onion and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until soft. Add turkey and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned. Mix well and let cook for a couple of minutes so that the flavors can meld and the mixture can thicken.
Step 4: Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the taco meat mixture into a tortilla, topped with a pinch of shredded cheese and roll it up. Place taquito seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat about 20 times (I had to use two baking sheets because all of my taquitos would not fit on one).
Step 5: Once finished, brush the tops of the taquitos with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Step 6: Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until edges and tops are golden). Let cool for a couple of minutes. Serve with salsa or your favorite taco toppings.
How to make baked taquitos into a freezer meal
If you’re making these for just a few people, or if you’re looking to get dinner done ahead of time, you can easily turn this recipe into a freezer meal.
To do so, prepare the recipe as directed. After rolling the taquitos, place them in a gallon sized freezer bag. You should be able to fit all of them in one bag (keeping the bag full will keep the taquitos rolled up).
When ready to bake, remove taquitos from the freezer and let them thaw in the fridge for 12 hours.
Place taquitos seam-side down on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the taquitos with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until the tops begin to golden. Let them cool slightly and serve with ranch or salsa.
What you’ll need to make homemade baked taquitos
Oven Mitts <— These ones are our favorite, and on sale!
Baking Sheet <— This baking sheet is large enough to fit ALL the taquitos in this recipe.
Freezer Bags <— If you’re wanting to make this into a freezer meal, you’ll need the freezer bags!
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
What to serve with turkey taco taquitos:
Taco Turkey Taquitos Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 ounce taco seasoning 1 packet
- 2 cups shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 18 6 inch flour tortillas
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup salsa optional dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium heat, then add onion and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add turkey and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes so that the flavors can meld and the mixture can thicken. Drain excess grease.
- Divide taco meat mixture evenly between tortillas, top with a pinch of shredded cheese and roll up. Place taquitos seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Once finished, brush the tops of the taquitos with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until edges and tops are golden). Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
- The Salsa Dipping Sauce is included in the Nutritional Information
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Large Skillet
Be sure to not miss another recipe!