These are not your typical gingerbread cookies because these are soft white chocolate chip gingerbread cookies that you will crave for days. They are super soft and chewy ginger cookies that have white chocolate chips throughout.
If you love the flavors of gingerbread, then you will really enjoy these delicious soft white chocolate chip gingerbread cookies. They are the best Christmas cookie recipe to make with your kids and leave out for you to eat, um I mean the jolly old man.
Be careful with this recipe, these quickly became a favorite family recipe and they are gone sometimes even the same day they are made. So, if your intention is to share the cookies, I would make a double batch or find a new hiding spot.
These also make great gifts. Most people love the taste of gingerbread cookies, but don’t always love how dry and hard they can be. Well with this recipe there is no such thing, just plenty of flavor and perfectly chewy.
For more great gingerbread recipes you need to make sure that our Frosted Gingerbread Pound Cake Recipe, No Bake Gingerbread Cookie Truffles Recipe, and the classic Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies Recipe are on top of your list. They are all fantastic recipes.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Soft White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Cookies:
- All-purpose flour
- Ground ginger
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Butter, softened
- White chocolate chips
How To Make Our Soft White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Cookies:
To begin making these soft and chewy gingerbread cookies, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Then in a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together and then set it aside.
Now cream together the softened butter and one cup of granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl until it is light and fluffy.
Once those are creamed together, beat in the egg, scrape the bowl down and then stir in the water and molasses, mixing it all together until they are well combined.
Next, grab your spatula and gently fold in the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt until it is all combined.
Lastly, pour in the white chocolate chips (I tend to not measure and pour with my heart haha) and then mix the chips into the dough.
Once the dough has all been mixed together, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and then roll them in the granulated sugar and then place them on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Continue to make the cookies up until you’ve used all the dough.
After the cookie sheet is full, place the cookie sheet in the oven and let them bake for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
Then allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move them to a cooling rack to finish cooling down and then enjoy!
To Make the Best Christmas Cookies Recipe You Will Need:
- Baking sheets (2-3 like THESE are great!)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cooling racks
What is Molasses?
If you haven’t worked with molasses before, you might wonder what it is and what purpose it serves for these delicious gingerbread cookies.
Besides making cookies taste delicious, the Spruce Eats gives you the lowdown on what molasses is and why it is awesome.
I will say, it is SUPER sticky so maybe spraying whatever measuring utensil you use with nonstick cooking spray beforehand can also be helpful.
Do I Need to Use White Chocolate Chips?
While you definitely do not have to use white chocolate chips, they add a depth of flavor to these cookies, and of course, chocolate (enough said). However, you can also switch them out for your favorite chocolate chips, or omit them altogether.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Always Love Things a Little Sweet, and a Little Spicy, Just like these Gingerbread Recipes:
- Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
- Gingerbread Cookie Cups Recipe
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- Gingerbread Mummy Cookies Recipe
- Gingerbread Waffles
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars Recipe
- Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies Recipe
Even More Cookies to Make this Christmas Season:
- Cake Mix Christmas Cookies Recipe
- Christmas Santa Cookies Recipe
- Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms (Hershey Kiss Cookies) Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Nutella Cookies Recipe
- White Chocolate Covered Ginger Cookies Recipe
- Santa Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Super Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies Recipe
- The Best Molasses Cookies Recipe
- Andes Mint Cookies Recipe
- Frosted Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
Soft White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and one cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then stir in water and molasses.
- Fold in flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix until well combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- 2 Baking Sheets
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cooling Racks
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.