If you love nutter butters from the store, you are going to love this homemade nutter butter cookie recipe! This is the best copycat nutter butter cookies recipe you will find.
These homemade soft nutter butter cookies are easily the best peanut butter cookie recipe you can make! They are an easy family dessert recipe you can make at home and enjoy after dinner.
They also make a great snack as well! My kids love coming home to these homemade nutter butter cookies to have after a long day at school.
For more delicious peanut butter cookie recipes, try out our Disneyland’s Copycat Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe, Peanut Butter Cookie Cups Recipe, and the classic Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Our Homemade Nutter Butter Cookie Recipe:
- Butter flavored shortening
- Creamy peanut butter
- White Sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Our Homemade Nutter Butter Cookie Recipe:
To make these delicious peanut butter cookies, begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
Then in a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
Mix everything together until the mixture is light and fluffy. This will normally take about 1-2 minutes.
Then, add in the vanilla extract, and then one egg at a time.
In another separate medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until it is well combined.
Next, add the flour mixture to the creamed shortening mixture.
Mix everything together until the flour is completely mixed in.
Once that is done, add in the milk and continue mixing the dough until it is soft enough to roll into balls without crumbling apart.
Now, roll the dough into ½ inch or a tiny bit larger balls. Once the balls have been rolled, roll them in the sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
After they have been place on the pan, use a fork to press the cookie down and create the design on the cookie.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake them for 6-8 minutes, or until they are puffy but not golden brown. If they are golden brown, they are overbaked.
To make the filling, use another medium sized bowl and beat tothether the peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until they become smooth.
Then, add in the milk little bits at a time until you reached your desired consistency.
Once the the cookies have cooled, spread 1-2 tablespoons of the peanut butter filling on one cookie and then use a second cookie and place it on top to create the nutter butter cookie sandwich.
All that is left is to serve and enjoy!
To Make This Homemade Nutter Butter Recipe You Will Need:
- Medium mixing bowls (3)
- Hand mixer
- Cookie sheet
- Angled spatula (one like THIS will do!)
Love Cookies? Try the rest of our 30 of the Best Christmas Cookie Challenge Recipes!
If you do not love the idea of using butter flavored shortening, then the next best option is finding a substitution that you do love!
If you do not have something you normally substitute for shortening, check out FOOD52’s list of Best Shortening Substitutions for Baking to find an ingredient you like to bake with!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Need a Peanut Butter Fix? Check Out These Amazing Recipes!
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookie Bark Recipe
- Healthier No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Apple Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Homemade Nutter Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening, peanut butter, and sugars together until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in vanilla, and eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt and add to dough. Mix to combine. Add milk until dough is soft enough to roll into balls without crumbling.
- Roll dough into 1/2 inch (or a little larger) balls, roll in sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet and use a fork to make the design on top.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until puffy. You do not want them to be golden brown or overcooked.
- Beat peanut butter, butter, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Add milk until desired consistency is reached. When cookies are completely cooled, spread a layer of frosting on one side and sandwich together.
- Medium Mixing Bowl (3)
- Cookie Sheet
- Hand mixer
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews