I’ve started training again but this time for a 1/2 marathon. I don’t have a lot of time to commit to a whole marathon right now.
Every Saturday I try to squeeze in a long run, because I have more time that day, and my husband is home to take care of the kids.
Every Friday I like to make some sort of pasta to help with my endurance on my Saturday run. This week I made these Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna Rolls.
They were so good and my kids liked them even more than regular lasagna. They are healthy, simple, delicious, and full of cheesy goodness, flavor.
You need this healthy and scrumptious dinner dish in your life.
Does this recipe freeze well?
I have only made this recipe fresh. However, if you have leftovers and want to freeze them, or even double the recipe and want to freeze it for another night, you definitely could.
Everything should freeze well, but you may need a little more sauce or cheese when you reheat it, because it will sink in to the chicken and noodles a little more.
We also recommend freezing it in an airtight container, to help it stay fresh in the freezer. We suggest eating it within a week or two of making it, for the best results, and best tasting leftovers.
What meat would be good in this recipe?
This recipe doesn’t have meat, however, you could easily add it to the sauce.
I prefer to use, turkey sausage, ground turkey, ground beef, ground chicken, or chicken sausage, and add it to the marinara sauce, when I am making a more hearty dish.
I only use about 1-3/4 of a pound.
Watch how to make the perfect side dish, to make with this recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Easy Grape Salad, is a year round favorite, at our house. It’s so easy to throw together, and has the most amazing flavor and texture. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
Looking for more lasagna recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- Easy Lasagna Cupcakes
- 20 Minute Skillet Lasagna
- Easy Crock Pot Lasagna
- Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 zucchini grated and squeezed dry
- 1 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 artichoke hearts marinated and chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, artichokes, egg, garlic salt, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lay out the noodles on a clean surface. Make sure they are dry. Add 1/4 cup of filling to your noodle. Spread it out so it covers the whole noodle. Roll up your noodle carefully and place seam side down onto the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle the remaining marinara sauce over the lasagna rolls and top each one with 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Put foil over baking dish and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until the inside is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowl
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!