It was my big 30 2 weeks ago. If there is one important thing you need to know about me, is that I’m obsessed with store bought cake with store bought butter cream frosting. I prefer the corner piece with a giant rose on top. (No wonder I gain a few pounds around my birthday)
Well, my husband hates cake (I know right – who can ever hate cake?!?). So every year before my birthday I try and make something special for him that isn’t cake so he can have something delicious also.
Well you probably guessed it – this Chocolate Eclair Crepe Cake was what I make and he LOVED it!
Chocolate Eclair Crepe Cake Recipe
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3.4 ounces french vanilla instant pudding
- 1½ cups milk (I used skim)
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- Mix pudding and milk in a bowl. Blend together for about 2 minutes then fold in the cool whip.
- Stick into the refrigerator and let it set up.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat.
- Whisk flour, eggs, water and milk together in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and butter. Continue mixing until the lumps have disappeared
- Spray a small amount of non-stick cooking spray onto pan. Next drop 1/4 cup of mixture onto the heated pan. Right after mixture is poured on, pick up the pan quickly and tilt in a circular motion. You want the mixture as thin as possible and to cover the whole pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on the first side ? flip ? then 1 minute on the second side.
- Once all of your crepes are made, it is time to put it all together!
- I stacked my crepes as evenly as I could onto a plate. Then I took my cool-whip lid, placed it on top of my crepes and used it like a stencil. Using a knife I cut around the the edges of the cool whip lid into my crepes so they would all be the same sized circle. (This is totally optional, but it sure does look nicer!)
- Next place a crepe onto a plate. Add 2 spoonfuls of the eclair mixture onto the crepe and spread it out evenly. Place another crepe on top of the mixture and begin again. Repeat this 8 to 12 times (depending on how many crepes you have) - The very top should just be a crepe without the mixture on top so you can add your frosting later.
- As soon as you are done, cover and stick into the freezer so it will set up. (about 2 hours)
- When you are ready to serve, frost the top with your favorite frosting, slice and serve.
- Please note- this tastes the best when made and eaten on the same day!