I love a good BBQ- and I am actually returning home from a weekend in Texas today where I had some AMAZING BBQ (you just can’t find BBQ like that in Utah).
Anyway, I came across this recipe a couple of years ago and it’s now my go-to recipe for special occasions or when I need to impress my dinner guests.
These ribs will make everyone thing that you slaved all day.
But in reality, all you have to do is pop them in the Instant Pot with 2 simple ingredients. Let them cook a bit and they are good!
And even though they are fully cooked, the grilling or broiling is icing on the cake- the BBQ sauce turns to a sticky glaze and they are incredibly delicious.
I promise that your dinner guests will be in BBQ heaven if you make these.
(Warning: you will need A LOT of napkins to clean your hands off when you are done)
HOW TO MAKE FALL OF THE BONE BBQ RIBS In the instant pot
Step 1: Take your slab of ribs (make sure that they are defrosted). Leave them together or you can cut them into individual slabs (about 2-3 ribs each).
Step 2: Pour the Apple Juice into the bottom of the pan
Step 3:Place the Ribs in the Instant Pot by folding them into a half circle, or if the are cut, place them on top of each other.
Step 4: Put the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on Manual for 25 minutes.
Step 5: After they are done in the Instant Pot, use tongs to gently pull them out (they will literally fall apart when you touch them).
Step 6: Gently brush the ribs with BBQ sauce.
Step 7: Place them onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Cook them on Broil for a few minutes (be sure to watch them)
Step 8: Serve immediately and enjoy.
Could I make this on the grill instead?
You bet you can! Place your ribs the grill and cook them on Medium for 10 minutes. Lightly brush them with BBQ and turn them every few minutes until the BBQ sauce starts to glaze over.
COULD I MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH DIFFERENT MEAT?
The answer is yes. I use this marinade for chicken, steak, pork, etc. You name it, I’ve marinated it, and added all the barbecue sauce, to my heart’s content.
I love the acid from the citrus that works it’s way into the meat, and creates an amazing flavor. You will love this with shredded bbq pork sandwiches. It tastes amazing.
I also love making Barbecue Chicken Taquitos, with this marinade and mixture. It is amazing.
You could use beef ribs or pork ribs for this recipe.
Watch How to make Instant Pot BBQ Ribs HERE:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel where we share a new instant pot recipe every single Monday?
Make sure you Subscribe so you don’t miss anything!
Instant Pot Fall Off the Bone BBQ Ribs Recipe
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 pounds rack of ribs beef or pork
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- Take the slab of ribs (make sure that they are defrosted) and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Leave them together or you can cut them into individual slabs (about 2-3 ribs each).
- Pour the Apple Juice into the bottom of the pan
- Place the Ribs in the Instant Pot by folding them into a half circle, or if they are cut, place them on top of each other.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on Manual for 25 minutes. (Make sure the knob is turned to sealing, not venting)
- After they are done in the Instant Pot, use tongs to gently pull them out (they will literally fall apart when you touch them).
- Gently brush the ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Place them onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Cook them on Broil for a few minutes (be sure to watch them)
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
LOOKING FOR MORE RIB RECIPES?
- Easy Smoked BBQ Ribs
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Apple Butter BBQ Spareribs
- Slow Cooker Honey Ribs
- Sticky Asian Ribs (In the Oven)
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!