Meatballs are a family favorite at our house. My husband and kids devoured these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs, just like they do our Cheesy Meatball Sliders, Slow Cooker Mozzarella Meatballs and Sweet Polynesian Meatballs.
What sets these easy slow cooker meatballs apart as “Hawaiian” is the sweet and tangy sauce made with pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
We also add in a little cornstarch to make it a thick, sticky glaze.
We also added some pineapple, red bell pepper and green bell pepper in with the meatballs for some Hawaiian flavor.
We like to eat these Hawaiian meatballs over rice for dinner, but you could easily serve them plain as an appetizer.
Whichever way you serve them, the will disappear in minutes!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Turkey Meatballs Ingredients:
- precooked frozen turkey meatballs
- canned pineapple chunks
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- brown sugar
- white vinegar
- soy sauce
Related Article: Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
How to make Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs:
This recipe is so easy to make! With just a few minutes of prep, you will have dinner ready in no time. Scroll down to view the printable recipe.
Step 1: Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Place frozen meatballs in the slow cooker and top with drained pineapple (reserve the juice and set aside), green pepper and red pepper.
Step 3: In a mixing bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce.
Step 4: Pour sauce in slow cooker and mix everything to combine.
Step 5: Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
To make this a complete meal, serve over rice. We usually just use some instant rice for a quick and easy solution.
You could also serve these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Turkey Meatballs on rolls to make sliders or with toothpicks for a tasty appetizer.
Enjoy! We hope you love these easy Hawaiian meatballs as much we do.
Do you need to cook or thaw frozen meatballs before cooking?
No! You simply place the frozen meatballs directly into the slow cooker and let the slow cooker do the work for you.
The best meatball recipes:
- Sweet and Savory Turkey Meatballs
- Brown Sugar Turkey Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs (made with grape jelly!)
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- 24 ounces precooked frozen turkey meatballs 1 package
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks 1 can, drain and reserve juice
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place frozen meatballs in the slow cooker and top with drained pineapple (reserve the juice and set aside), green pepper and red pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Pour sauce in slow cooker and mix everything to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- You do NOT need to thaw the meatballs before cooking. Put them in the slow cooker frozen
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
We love using frozen meatballs in our slow cookers for a quick, easy and delicious dinner.