We love using our slow cookers. They are great for those busy nights when you know you won’t have time to stop in the middle of everything and cook dinner. Throw it all in earlier in the day, and you have an amazing dinner waiting for you.
We used stew meat from the meat department at the grocery store. It’s already cut into bite sized pieces and is perfect for this recipe. They cook up tender and moist.
We love our Slow Cooker Beef Sirloin Tips and Gravy. It’s the ultimate comfort food and so easy to make. We usually serve it over mashed potatoes.
Slow cooker beef tips and rice is even easier, with fewer ingredients. We had it all in the slow cooker in less than 5 minutes. Then go about your day knowing a great meal will be awaiting that evening.
Be sure to try our Slow Cooker Beef Stew for a hearty and delicious meal.
what other cuts of meat will work in this recipe?
We used stew meat for this recipe. Stew meat is both tasty and convenient. You could easily use Beef Sirloin Roast tips from the meat department.
A sirloin steak cut into bite sized pieces would be great in this recipe too. We have even used a sirloin roast and cut it into pieces.
If you have a favorite cut of beef and if it’s cut into small pieces, it will work in this recipe.
Related Article: These Slow Cooker Beef Gyros are prepped in under 30 minutes!
What else can you serve these beef tips with?
We like to serve these slow cooker beef tips over rice. Mashed potatoes would be another delicious option. Any cooked pasta would be great with slow cooker beef tips. The options are endless.
Would slow cooker beef tips work as a freezer meal?
These slow cooker beef tips make an excellent freezer meal. You will want to prepare them as directed in the recipe. After they are done cooking, let cool and place them in an airtight freezer bag or container. Then thaw and reheat when ready to eat. You will need to prepare your rice, potatoes, or pasta right before serving.
Another way to prepare this as a freezer meal is to follow the directions according to the recipe. But instead of placing everything in the slow cooker, place them in an airtight freezer container or freezer bag.
Freeze until ready to eat. Then thaw slightly and place in the slow cooker. Cook as directed on the recipe. Then prepare the rice or potatoes before serving.
how to make slow cooker beef tips and rice
All you need for this amazing Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Rice are a few ingredients.
- Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray and turn onto Low setting. Place the stew meat in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the beef bouillon cubes to the water and bring to a boil.
- After the bouillon cubes are dissolved, add in the cream of mushroom soup, chopped onion, and brown gravy mix packets.
- Pour this mixture over the stew meat in the slow cooker. Stir in gently so all of the stew meat is covered.
- Cook on low setting for about 6 hours.
- If you want the gravy a little thicker, you can easily thicken it with a Tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Serve over cooked rice.
helpful items used in this recipe
- Slow Cooker – This slow cooker has a programmable cook timer.
- Mixing bowls – We love this 4 piece set and each bowl has a tight fitting lid.
- Rice Cooker – This makes the best rice to go along with your meat dishes.
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more beef recipes for you to try
- Slow Cooker Chile Colorado Beef Burritos
- Korean Beef and Rice
- Hearty Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Baked Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Recipe adapted from Southern Bite