Shrimp tacos have always been one of my favorite foods. These Shrimp Taco Bites are the perfect appetizer for your summer barbecues and take hardly no time at all to throw together.
I just can’t seem to get enough of these bite size pieces of heaven.
They are perfect for dinner, appetizers, game day snacks, holidays, or just really any time you are feeling like some Shrimp Taco Bites.
My kids even like these. They think they are fun and bite sized, so when I made them for dinner one night, they went crazy for them.
It was a great way to introduce new food that they usually wouldn’t reach for.
What could I substitute the sour cream for?
These are the perfect little bite size appetizers, but the calories can add up with the addition of sour cream.
However, there is a simple fix to this. If you are looking for a lower calorie and fat substitute for sour cream, we highly recommend using plain Greek yogurt.
It has almost the exact same taste and texture of sour cream, but zero fat or sugar, and it is full of protein. You will love it, and I promise your guests will too.
You won’t even be able to taste the difference, once you add all the seasonings, toppings, and shrimp. We highly recommend it.
Related recipe: if you love these shrimp taco bites, be sure and try our GRILLED TILAPIA TACOS. So easy to make and taste amazing!
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
Looking for more appetizers? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cheesy Mushroom Dip
- Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- Cowboy Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Taco Turkey Meatballs
Shrimp Taco Bites Recipe
- 24 medium raw shrimp tails and peel removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lime zested
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro chopped
Sour Cream Mixture
- 5 green onions chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 24 tortilla chips scoop style
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together salt, cumin, chili powder, and lime zest in a bowl.
- On a greased baking sheet, spread out shrimp, and sprinkle cumin and chili powder mixture over each shrimp.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp is cooked, it will turn a pinkish color and curl into itself.
- While shrimp is baking, chop up tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro.
- Mix together in a bowl, then mix in lime juice.
- In separate bowl, mix together chopped green onions, and sour cream.
- To assemble, take one scoop chip and fill one half with salsa mixture, and one half with sour cream mixture, then top with one shrimp.
- Should make about 24, but you can easily double or half the recipe!
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
Prep Time: 20m