If you follow us on Instagram, you probably know we are all on a trip to Disneyland together right now.
We packed up each of our families, rented a house to share and are hitting the park for three days.
We can’t wait to come back and create some of our favorite Disney recipes with you and share our trips and tricks for traveling with kids to a Disney park.
My kids love rice krispie treats. When we were at Disneyland last October, the Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats were their favorite treat to get in the park.
I figured it would be pretty simple to recreate them at home and my kids had so much fun helping me cut out the treats, dipping them in chocolate and covering them in sprinkles.
I forget how delicious they are. They are incredibly easy to make and full of flavor. You will love this simple chocolatey, marshmallow dessert.
could i use marshmallow cream instead of marshmallows?
Have you ever made Rice Krispie Treats using marshmallow cream, instead of marshmallows?
I have to say, it is quite delicious. If you are looking for a simple and quick recipe with marshmallow cream, we recommend checking out our Classic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe. It only requires three simple ingredients, one of them being marshmallow cream.
Add a little flavor:
I love Rice Krispie Treats, especially when they are dipped in chocolate. These are fun with sprinkles on them, but you could also put your own little twist on them, and add your favorite toppings.
Here are a few we recommend:
- Crushed Oreos
- Mini (or regular) M & M’s
- Crumbled Kit Kats
- Crushed Snickers
- Reeses Pieces
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Bits
- White Chocolate Drizzle
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Crumbled Chips Ahoy Cookies
- Crushed or Chopped Peanuts
- Peanut Butter Drizzle
watch how to make another favorite disney dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Whether you are familiar with Dole Whips from Disneyland or not, these are spot on. They taste the exact same, and they are incredibly delicious. You will love this simple and delicious recipe, perfect for spring or summer. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more copycat disneyland recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Copycat Disneyland Gumbo
- Disneyland Peanut Butter Cookies
- Copycat Disneyland Churro Funnel Cake
- Disney’s Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- Disney’s Pumpkin Muffins
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- sprinkles optionals
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- Add mini marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula, press mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. While the rice krispie treats are still slightly warm, use a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to cut out each treat. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, pour chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the ears of each Mickey Mouse rice krispie treat into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Add sprinkles on top of the melted chocolate and let set up completely.
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!