My cute friend Christie (who blogs at Love From the Oven) has come out with a new cookbook! It is called Smart Cookie and it is full of fun and delicious cookies. She has created darling cookies out of store bought cookies! This is by far my kids favorite book!
(Click HERE to view the book)
Below is her Adorable Acorn Cookie recipe. They were so easy to make and my kids loved helping me!
Acorn Cookies Recipe
- 12 Nutter butter cookies
- 12 small pretzel sticks
- 6 ounces chocolate candy coating
- ⅔ cup chocolate sprinkles
- Cut the Nutter Butter cookies in half through the center point. Break the pretzel sticks in half.
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions.
- Dip the cut end of a cookie into the candy coating, covering only about one quarter of the cookie. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles over the candy coating.
- Dip the end of a pretzel stick into the candy coating and then attach it to the candy coating on the cookie, this becomes the acorn's stem.
- Place the cookie on waxed or parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Allow them to dry until the candy coating is firm to the touch.
- Makes 24 cookies
If you are looking for a fun gift this year, I highly suggest this Smart Cookie Cook Book – It would be perfect for kids and grandkids too!