My kids love lasagna and I love all things with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella – so I figured why not throw it all into one? This is actually a healthy version of lasagna and it is full of flavor. You are going to love it.
Ever since I was little, I loved Caprese Salad. It just had the most amazing flavor and texture to it. I couldn’t get over how delicious it was. I got older, and still loved the taste, and decided that I wanted to make it into more of a meal.
I came across a similar Caprese Lasagna recipe, but I switched a few ingredients up, added a lot of my own favorites, and created this beautiful masterpiece.
This is my new go to dinner, because it is so light, yet filling, and tastes so fresh. You need to try this one.
what could i use instead of chicken?
This recipe calls for shredded chicken. I love including a little protein in my meals, and chicken was a perfect fit for this recipe.
However, there are a few different meats you could use with this recipe, and it would taste just as delicious, if not more delicious.
Here is what we recommend:
-shredded turkey breast
If you are not a meal lover, or a vegetarian, this recipe could easily be made without meat. My kids love chicken, and it is very clean and lean, so we usually go for chicken.
However, you don’t have to add meat, if you don’t want to.
As in most all lasagna recipes, be sure your meat is cooked, before adding it to the recipe. It won’t dry out, I promise. This is a very saucy recipe, and it is getting cooked in-between layers of noodles.
If you stick to the recipe, your meat won’t get over-cooked.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
looking for more chicken inspired dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorite:
Caprese Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts 1 can, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cups Prego red sauce (I like basil flavor)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 15 lasagna noodles cooked
- 12 slices low fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, artichokes, the cottage cheese, 1/2 the basil, the minced garlic and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Layer 5 noodles on the bottom of the 9x13 pan. Take half of the chicken mixture and spread it on the noodles. Place half of your sauce and half of your spinach on top. Add another layer of noodles and add your mixture, then cheese and spinach again.
- Add the last of the noodles.
- Place your mozzarella slices over the top of the noodles.
- Top with the rest of the basil and cover with foil.
- Bake 25 min. or until heated through.
- Large Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil